Reproductive Autonomy and Regulation: Challenges to Feminism
Shelley Day Sclater, Fatemeh Ebtehaj, Emily Jackson and Martin Richards (eds), Regulating Autonomy: Sex, Reproduction and Family. Hart Publishing, Oxford, 2009, xiv + 267 pp, price £35 (PB), ISBN: 9781841139463 Naomi R. Cahn, Test Tube Families: Why the Fertility Market Needs Legal Regulation. New York University Press, New York, 2009, viii + 295 pp, price $US30 (HB), ISBN: 9780814716823
- 272 Downloads
- Brazier, Margaret, and Emma Cave. 2007. Medicine, patients and the law, 4th ed. London: Penguin Books.Google Scholar
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. 2007. Assisted reproductive technology success rates: National summary and fertility reports 13. http://www.cdc.gov/ART/ART2005. Accessed 3 May 2010.
- Corea, Gena. 1985. The mother machine: Reproductive technologies from artificial insemination to artificial wombs. London: Harper Collins.Google Scholar
- Friedman, Marilyn. 2006. Autonomy, gender, politics. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Greer, Germaine. 1985. Sex and destiny: The politics of human fertility. London: Picador.Google Scholar
- Gurmankin, Andrea, Jonathan Baron, John Hershey, and Peter Ubel. 2002. The role of physicians’ recommendations in medical treatment decisions. Medical Decision Making 22: 262–271.Google Scholar
- Herring, Jonathan. 2010. Medical law and ethics, 3rd ed. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Jackson, Emily. 2001. Regulating reproduction: Law, technology and autonomy. Oxford: Hart Publishing.Google Scholar
- Mackenzie, Catriona, and Natalie Stoljar. 2000. Relational autonomy: Feminist perspectives on autonomy, agency and the social self. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- Mill, John Stuart. 1859/1948. On liberty. Oxford: Oxford University Press.Google Scholar
- President’s Council on Bioethics. 2004. Reproduction and responsibility: The regulation of new biotechnologies. http://www.bioethics.gov/reports/reproductionandresponsibility/_pcbe_final_reproduction_and_responsibility.pdf. Accessed 10 May 2010.
- Wolfenden Committee. 1957. The Wolfenden Committee report on homosexual offences and prostitution in England. London: HMSO.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010