On the spectrum of a vector Schrödinger operator
- 46 Downloads
We consider the asymptotics of the spectrum of a Sturm-Liouville operator acting on a space of vector functions and show that this asymptotics is affected by “rotation” of eigenvectors of the potential. A similar result is obtained for a vector Schrödinger operator.
Key wordsSchrödinger operator self-adjointness discrete spectrum counting function
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. M. Molchanov, “On conditions for the discreteness of the spectrum of self-adjoint differential operators of second order,” Trudy Moscov. Mat. Obshch., 2 (1953), 169–200.Google Scholar
- B. M. Levitan and G. A. Suvorchenkova, “Sufficient conditions for the discreteness of the spectrum of the Sturm-Liouville equation with operator coefficients,” Funkts. Anal. Prilozhen., 2:2 (1968), 56–62.Google Scholar
- A. G. Kostyuchenko and B. M. Levitan, “On the asymptotic behavior of eigenvalues of an operator Sturm-Liouville problem,” Funkts. Anal. Prilozhen., 1:1 (1967), 86–96.Google Scholar
- I. M. Glazman, Direct Methods of Qualitative Spectral Analysis of Singular Differential Operators [in Russian], Fizmatgiz, Moscow, 1963.Google Scholar
- H. L. Cycon, R. G. Froese, W. Kirsch, and B. Simon, Schrödinger Operators with Application to Quantum Mechanics and Global Geometry, Springer-Verlag, Berlin-New York, 1997.Google Scholar