Book review: Mathematical relationships in education: identities and participation, edited by Laura Black, Heather Mendick, & Yvette Solomon (2009).
New York, NY: Routledge. Hardback: ISBN: 978-0-415-99684-6. List Price: $95.00. 266 pages.
- 173 Downloads
- Boaler, J., & Staples, M. (2008). Creating mathematical futures through an equitable teaching approach: The case of Railside school. Teachers College Record, 110(3), 608–645.Google Scholar
- Brodie, K., Shahan, E., & Boaler, J. (2004). Teaching mathematics and social justice: Multidimensionality and responsibility. Paper presented at the International Congress of Mathematics Education (ICME10), Copenhagen, Denmark.Google Scholar
- Frankenstein, M. (1989). Relearning mathematics: A different third R - Radical Maths. London: Free Association Books.Google Scholar
- Gee, J. (2001). Identity as an analytic lens for research in education. In W. Secada (Ed.), Review of research in education (Vol. 25, pp. 99–125). Washington, DC: American Educational Research Association.Google Scholar
- Gutstein, E. (2008). Reinventing Freire: Mathematics education for social transformation. In J. P. Matos, P. Valero, & K. Yasukawa (Eds.), Proceedings of the fifth international mathematics education conference (MES5). Lisbon: Centre de Investigacao em Educacao, Universidade de Lisboa and Department of Education, Learning and Philosophy, Aalborg University.Google Scholar
- Wenger, E. (1998). Communities of practice: Learning, meaning and identity. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2010