Threatened fishes of the world: Puntius denisonii (Day 1865) (Cyprinidae)
- 124 Downloads
The bionomics and conservation status of a threatened, endemic fish Puntius denisonii has been reported.
KeywordsThreatened fish Puntius denisonii
- Anon. (2006) www.practicalfishkeeping.co.uk/pfk/pages/show_article.php? article_id=137 cited 21 April 2006.
- Froese R, Pauly D (2006) Fishbase. 2006. World Wide Web electronic publication. www.fishbase.org, version (10/2006)
- Gopi KC (2000) Freshwater fishes of Kerala state. In: Ponniah AG, Gopalakrishnan A (eds) Endemic fish diversity of Western Ghats. NBFGR-NATP publication 1. National Bureau of Fish Genetic Resources, Lucknow, India, pp 56–76Google Scholar
- Jayaram KC (1981) Rec. Zool Surv. Ind. Occasional Paper No.155:71–72Google Scholar
- Kurup BM, Radhakrishnan KV (2006) Freshwater fish biodiversity of Kerala – status and utilization for commercial fishing, food security and livelihood. Fish Chimes 25(10):111–122Google Scholar
- Radhakrishnan KV, Kurup BM (2005) Aspects of life history traits of Puntius denisonii (Day), an endemic and threatened ornamental fish of Kerala. Sustain Fish 2005. International Symposium on Sustainability of Fish Production Systems and appropriate technologies for utilization. Cochin University of Science and Technology, 16–18 March 2005. Kochi, India Abstract SAQ E18Google Scholar
- Raghavan R, Prasad G, Anvar-Ali PH, Sujarittanonta L (2007) ‘Boom and bust fishery’ in a biodiversity hotspot – is the Western Ghats (South India) losing its most celebrated native ornamental fish, Puntius denisonii, Day? Curr Sci 92(12):1671–1672Google Scholar
- Sudhi KS (2004) Foreign labs developing breeding techniques of endangered fish. The Hindu. Internet edition. www.thehindu.com/2004/12/25/stories/2004122504930500.htm cited 18th February 2006
© Springer Science+Business Media B.V. 2007