Reading [with] Ananth
- 57 Downloads
And that kind of conversation would happen so many times that in the end I realized that it was just going to have to be non-reciprocal. Ananth would always have seen the football (sic) game I needed to see, and I would never be able to suggest an item to read that would stimulate the political...[Phone rings]
Hi. What’s up?
Sorry. Is that you Ananth?
Yeah. What’s up? F—k did you see Barça yesterday?
No what did I miss?
Ha ha. Just about everything, I guess. By the way, what do you think of Tim Brennan’s little book?
Huh? Again, did I miss something?
Oh well you’re really gonna enjoy this one…..
- Brennan, Timothy. 2006. Wars of position: The cultural politics of left and right. New York: Columbia University Press.Google Scholar
- Hardt, M., and A. Negri. 2000. Empire. Cambridge, MA: Harvard University Press.Google Scholar
- Sanyal, Kalyan. 2007. Rethinking capitalist development: primitive accumulation, governmentality and post-colonial capitalism. New Delhi: Routledge.Google Scholar
- Scott, James. 2012. Two cheers for anarchism: Six easy pieces on autonomy, dignity, and meaningful work and play. Princeton, NJ: Princeton University Press.Google Scholar
- Smith, Gavin. 2014. Intellectuals and (counter-) politics. Oxford: Berghahn.Google Scholar