Constructions of External Difference Families and Disjoint Difference Families
- 230 Downloads
External difference families (EDFs) are a type of new combinatorial designs originated from cryptography. In this paper, some earlier ideas of recursive and cyclotomic constructions of combinatorial designs are extended, and a number of classes of EDFs and disjoint difference families are presented. A link between a subclass of EDFs and a special type of (almost) difference sets is set up.
KeywordsDifference sets Difference systems of sets Disjoint difference families External difference families
AMS Classification05B05 94A66
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Arasu, KT, Ding, C, Helleseth, T, Vijay Kumer, P, Martinsen, H 2001Almost difference sets and their sequences with optimal autocorrelationIEEE Trans Inform Theory4728342843Google Scholar
- 7.Colbourn, CJ, Launey, W 1996Difference matricesColbourn, CJDinitz , JH eds. The CRC Handbook of Combinatorial DesignsCRC PressBoca Raton287297Google Scholar
- 8.Ding C, Yuan J (to appear) A family of skew difference sets. J Comb Theory AGoogle Scholar
- 13.Levenshtein, VI 1971One method of constructing quasi codes providing synchronization in the presence of errorsProb Infor Transm7215222Google Scholar
- 15.Lidl, R, Niederreiter, H 1983Finite fields. Encyclopedia of mathematics and its applications vol. 20Cambridge University PressCambridgeGoogle Scholar
- 16.Mutoh Y Difference systems of sets and cyclotomoy II, preprint.Google Scholar
- 17.Mutoh Y, Tonchev VD (to appear) Difference systems of sets and cyclotomoy. Discrete MathGoogle Scholar
- 21.Storer T (1967) Cyclotomy and difference Sets. Markham, ChicagoGoogle Scholar