Non Existence of Triangle Free Quasi-symmetric Designs
- 53 Downloads
The following two results are proved. Let D be a triangle free quasi-symmetric design with k=2y−x and x≥ 1 then D is a trivial design with v=5 and k=3. There do no exist triangle free quasi-symmetric designs with x≥ 1 and λ=y or λ=y−1.
KeywordsQuasi-symmetric designs strongly regular graphs
AMS Classification:Primary 05 B05 Secondary 05 B30 05 B25
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.T. Beth, D. Jungnickel and H. Lenz, Design Theory, Cambridge University Press, Cambridge, 1986 and 1999.Google Scholar
- 3.P. J. Cameron and J. H. VanLint,Designs, Graphs, Codes and their links, London Mathematical, Society, Students Texts 22, Cambridge University Press, (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.Goethals, J. M., Seidal, J. J. 1970Strongly regular graphs derived from combinatorial designsCanadian Journal of Mathematics22597614Google Scholar
- 5.Holliday, R. 1985Quasi-symmetric designs with y=λCongressus Numerantum48195201Google Scholar
- 8.Pawale, R. M. 1991Quasi-symmetric 3-designs with triangle free graphGeometria Dedicata37205210Google Scholar
- 9.Sane, S. S., Shrikhande, M. S. 1987Quasi-symmetrics 2,3,4-designsCombinatirica7291301Google Scholar
- 10.Shrikhande, S.S., Bhagwandas, 1965Duals of incomplete block designsJournal of Indian Statistical Association, Bulletin33037Google Scholar
- 11.M. S. Shrikhande, Designs with triangle free graph, Proceedings of the seminar on Combinatorics and Applications in honour of Prof. S. S. Shrikhande on his 65th birthday, Indian Statistical Institute, December 14–17,: 334–339.Google Scholar
- 12.M. S. Shrikhande and S. S. Sane, Quasi-symmetric designs, London Mathematical Society Lecture Notes No. 164, Cambridge University Press (1991).Google Scholar