Induction of cell size vesicles from human lymphoma cell lines and their application to drug carriers
- 71 Downloads
Sodium butyrate (NaB) induced the membrane enclosed cell size vesicles from several IgM producing cell lines. We considered the application of the cell-derived vesicles (CDVs) to drug delivery system (DDS) using the lung cancer specific IgM producing AE6 cell line. Microscopic observation showed that the DiI fluorescence labeled AE6 vesicles were incorporated into the lung cancer cell line A549. The anticancer drug, actinomycin D (actD), contained in AE6 and Ramos vesicles decreased the A549 cell viability to 46 and 62% of control without actD, respectively. The cytotoxic effect in AE6 vesicles was superior to that in the Ramos vesicles that have the lung cancer non-specific IgM on their surfaces. However, the result of the Ramos vesicles suggests that the surface molecules other than IgM may interact with the A549 cells. In our method for vesicle production, more specific and abundant antibodies mounted vesicles can be generated by transfection of their genes into cells followed by NaB treatment. These suggest that the CDVs may be useful for the development of a drug carrier for DDS.
KeywordsAnticancer Drug delivery system Lymphoma Sodium butyrate Vesicle
We gratefully thank the kind provision of K562 cells by Dr. Mari Maeda Yamamoto, National Institute of Vegetable and Tea Science, National Agriculture and Food Research Organization, Shizuoka, Japan.
- Kawahara H, Shirahata S, Tachibana H, Murakami H (1992) In vitro immunization of human lymphocytes with human lung cancer cell line A549. Hum Antibodies Hybridomas 3:8–13Google Scholar
- Shoji M, Kawamoto S, Sato S, Kamei M, Kato M, Hashizume S, Seki K, Yasumoto K, Nagashima A, Nakahashi H, Suzuki T, Imai T, Nomoto K, Murakami H (1994) Specific reactivity of human antibody AE6F4 against cancer cells in tissues and sputa from lung cancer patients. Hum Antibodies Hybridoma 5:116–122Google Scholar
- Tsukamoto Y, Nakamura S, Inoue A, Nishino N, Inoue Y, Kawahara H (2009) Development of protein high expression system by using fructose metabolism. In: Kamihira M et al. (eds) JAACT2008: power of cells. The 21st annual and international meeting of the Japanese association for animal cell technology, Fukuoka, November 2008. Animal Cell Technology: Basic & Applied Aspects, vol 16. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands (in press)Google Scholar
- Watanabe N, Dickinson DA, Krzywanski DM, Iles KE, Zhang H, Venglarik CJ, Forman HJ (2002) A549 subclones demonstrate heterogeneity in toxicological sensitivity and antioxidant profile. Am J Physiol Lung Cell Mol Physiol 283:L726–L736Google Scholar
- Yamanaka M, Nakamura S, Inoue A, Yasuda T, Inoue Y, Kawahara H (2009) Characterization of cell-sized vesicles induced from human lymphoid cell lines. In: Kamihira M et al (eds) JAACT2008: power of cells. The 21st annual and international meeting of the Japanese association for animal cell technology, Fukuoka, November 2008. Animal Cell Technology: Basic & Applied Aspects, vol 16. Springer, Dordrecht, The Netherlands (in press)Google Scholar