Economic Growth Prediction Using Optimized Support Vector Machines
The main objective of this research is to propose a new hybrid model called genetic algorithms–support vector regression (GA–SVR). The proposed model consists of three stages. In the first stage, after lag selection, the most efficient features are selected using stepwise regression algorithm (SRA). Afterward, these variables are used in order to develop proposed model, in which the model uses support vector machines that the parameters of which are tuned by GA. Finally, evaluation of the proposed model is carried out by applying it on the test data set.
KeywordsGenetic algorithms Support vector regression Stepwise regression algorithm
- Cortes, C., & Vapnik, V. (1995). Support vector networks. Machine Learning, 20, 273–297.Google Scholar
- Hoptro, R. G., Bramson, M. J., & Hall, T. J. (1991). Forecasting economic turning points with neural nets. Proceedings of the IEEE International Joint Conference on Neural Networks, 1, 347–352.Google Scholar
- Lahiri, S. K., & Ghanta, K. C. (2008). Prediction of pressure drop of slurry flow in pipeline by hybrid support vector regression and genetic algorithm model Chinese. Journal of Chemical Engineering, 16(6), 841–848.Google Scholar
- Russell, S. J., & Norvig, P. (1995). Artificial intelligence: A modern approach. Englewood Cliffs: Prentice-Hall.Google Scholar
- Weigend, A. S., Rumelhart, D. E., & Huberman, B. (1991). Generalisation by weightelimination with application to forecasting. Advances in Neural Information Processing, 90, 875–882.Google Scholar