The Dynamics of a Satellite-Gyrostat with a Single Nonzero Component of the Vector of Gyrostatic Moment
- 30 Downloads
The dynamics of a satellite-gyrostat moving in the central Newtonian force field along a circular orbit is studied. In the particular case when the vector of gyrostatic moment is parallel to one of the satellite’s principal central axes of inertia, all the equilibrium states are determined. For each equilibrium orientation, sufficient conditions of stability are obtained as a result of the analysis of the generalized energy integral, and necessary conditions of stability are determined as a result of analysis of the linearized equations of motion. The evolution of regions of validity for the conditions of stability of equilibrium positions are studied in detail depending on the parameters of the problem. All the bifurcation values of the parameters at which qualitative changes of the regions of stability take place are determined.
KeywordsEquilibrium State Force Field Equilibrium Position Generalize Energy Central Axis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Kane, T.R., Likins, P.W., and Levinson, D.A., Spacecraft Dynamics, McGraw-Hill, 1983.Google Scholar
- 2.Sarychev, V.A., Problems of Artificial Satellite Orientation, Itogi Nauki Tekh., Ser.: Issled. Kosm. Prostr., Moscow: VINITI, 1978.Google Scholar
- 3.Sarychev, V.A. and Gutnik, S.A., About a Relative Equilibrium Position for a Satellite-Gyrostat, Kosm. Issled., 1984, vol. 22, no.3, pp. 323–326.Google Scholar
- 4.Kats, A.M., On the Criterion of Aperiodic Stability, Prikl. Mat. Mekh., 1951, vol. 15, no.1, p. 120.Google Scholar
- 5.Longman, R.W., The Equilibria of Orbiting Gyrostats with Internal Angular Momenta along Principal Axes, Proc. of the Symposium on Gravity Gradient Attitude Stabilization, El Segundo, USA, 1968.Google Scholar
- 8.Anchev, A.A. and Atanasov, V.A., An Analysis of Necessary and Sufficient Conditions of Stability of Satellite-Gyrostat Equilibrium, Kosm. Issled., 1990, vol. 28, no.6, pp. 831–836.Google Scholar
- 9.Sarychev, V.A. and Mirer, S.A., Relative Equilibria of a Gyrostat Satellite with Internal Angular Momentum along a Principal Axis, Acta Astronautica, vol. 49, no.11, pp. 641–644.Google Scholar
- 10.Anchev, A., A. On Stability of Relative Equilibrium of a Satellite with Rotors, Bulgarian Acad. Sci., Bulletin Math. Inst., 1968, vol. 11, pp. 149–158.Google Scholar
- 11.Sarychev, V.A. and Yakovlev, N.I., A Study of Dynamics of Gravitationally Oriented Satellite with Flywheels, Preprint of Keldysh Inst. Applied Math., Russ. Acad. Sci., 1973, no. 32.Google Scholar
- 12.Anchev, A.A., Lilov L. Equilibrium Orientation of a Satellite-Gyrostat in a Circular Orbit at Fixed Internal Motions, Bulgarian Acad. Sci., Theor. and Applied Mech., 1978, vol. 9, no.4, pp. 9–15.Google Scholar