Mass Spectrometric Analysis of Supramolecular Complexes of Glycyrrhizic Acid and Simvastatin
- 63 Downloads
Molecular complexes of glycyrrhizic acid (GA) and simvastatin (SV) were synthesized and studied for the first time using electrospray-ionization mass spectrometry (ESI-MS). Model complexes were synthesized in pure MeOH and its 25% aqueous solution. Complexation of GA and SV in the liquid phase was studied using ESI-MS and was confirmed using standard UV spectroscopy. Peaks for supramolecular GA–SV (1:1) complexes and a broad set of GA complexes with SV self-associates (GA–nSV, where n = 2, 3,…,5) were detected in mass spectra and indicated that competing processes were involved in synthesizing the GA–SV molecular complexes. The observed intensity changes of peaks for GA complexes with SV self-associates on going from MeOH to aqueous MeOH resulted from hydrophobic interactions that determined the effectiveness of SV self-association.
Keywordssimvaglyzin simvastatin glycyrrhizic acid supramolecular complexes electrospray-ionization mass spectrometry
The work was supported financially by the Ministry of Education and Science of the RF under a state task, Project No. 1895.
- 1.T. G. Tolstikova, A. G. Tolstikov, and G. A. Tolstikov, Vestn. Ross. Akad. Nauk, 77 (10), 867 (2007).Google Scholar
- 5.Yu. G. Kaminsky and E. A. Kosenko, Cent. Eur. J. Med., 5 (3), 269 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.G. A. Tolstikov, Yu. P. Nikitin, V. V. Lyakhovich, N. F. Salakhutdinov, Yu. I. Ragino, and V. A. Vavilin, RU Pat. No. 2,308,947, Oct. 27, 2007.Google Scholar
- 10.S. N. Borisenko, A. V. Lekar’, A. A. Milov, E. V. Vetrova, and N. I. Borisenko, Khim. Rastit. Syr’ya, 2, 85 (2013).Google Scholar
- 11.S. N. Borisenko, A. V. Lekar’, E. V. Vetrova, and N. I. Borisenko, Chem. Nat. Compd., 49, 969 (2013).Google Scholar
- 16.C. A. Schalley and A. Springer, Mass Spectrometry of Non-covalent Complexes: Supramolecular Chemistry in the Gas Phase, John Wiley & Sons, Hoboken, 2009, 517 pp.Google Scholar
- 18.E. V. Vetrova, A. V. Lekar, O. V. Filonova, S. N. Borisenko, E. V. Maksimenko, and N. I. Borisenko, J. Nat. Sci., Biol. Med., 6, S40 (2015).Google Scholar
- 20.K. Matsuoka, R. Miyajima, Y. Ishida, S. Karasawa, and T. Yoshimura, Colloids Surf., A, 500, 112 (2016).Google Scholar