A New Isoflavan from Abrus precatorius
- 74 Downloads
A new isoflavan, (3S)-1′,4′-dihydroxy-6,7,8,2′,3′-pentamethoxyisoflavan (1), together with six known compounds, abruquinone G (2), abruquinone B (3), isoliquiritigenin (4), gallic acid (5), ethyl gallate (6), and 1-O-galloyl-β-D-glucose (7) were isolated from Abrus precatorius. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of physical and spectral analysis, respectively. Compounds 1, 4, and 7 were isolated from this plant for the first time.
KeywordsAbrus precatorius L. isoflavan abruquinone
This research was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 11-41306147-1) and Functional Development Project of Chinese Academy of Sciences (No. Y3YQ041). We thank Yun Zhang, Aijun Sun, and Chuanrong Li for providing mass and NMR spectral measurements in the Public Service Center of Instrument and Equipment, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences.
- 2.S. C. Qing and H. Z. Bi, Acta Bot. Sin., 40, 734 (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Anam, Ind. J. Chem., 42B, 386 (2003).Google Scholar
- 9.X. Y. Tian, B. Y. Han, C. J. Xiao, and B. Jiang, Nat. Prod. Res. Dev., 26, 188 (2014).Google Scholar
- 10.L. G. Li, Q. B. Liu, X. X. Huang, Z. X. Liu, Y. Peng, and S. J. Song, J. Shenyang Pharm. Univ., 32, 343 (2015).Google Scholar
- 11.J. Xian, X. F. Xian, Yu Tao, Y. Xu, C. Hu, and Q. B. Liu, J. Shenyang Pharm. Univ., 31, 262 (2014).Google Scholar
- 12.A. Q. Wang, L. L. Jun, and Z. Z. Wu, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 34, 685 (2003).Google Scholar