A New Biphenanthrene Glucoside with Cytotoxic Activity from Cremastra appendiculata
- 80 Downloads
A new biphenanthrene glucoside, named 2′,7-dihydroxy-4,4′-dimethoxy-1,1′-biphenanthrene-2,7′-di-O-β-D-glucoside, together with four known compounds were isolated from the tubers of Cremastra appendiculata (D. Don) Makino. Their structures were elucidated on the basis of spectral data. The cytotoxic activitiy of the new compound and four known compounds was tested.
KeywordsCremastra appendiculata biphenanthrene glucoside cytotoxic activitiy
This work was supported by National Natural Science Foundation of China (Grant No. 31100261), “Chengguang Planning” from Natural Science Foundation of Wuhan City (Grant No. 2014070404010210), and Innovation Group Project of the Natural Science Foundation in Hubei Province (2013CFA013).
- 1.Z. W. Xie, C. S. Fan, and Z. Y. Zhu, Compilation of National Herbal Medicine, Second Edition, The People′s Medical Publishing House, Beijing, 1996, p. 117.Google Scholar
- 4.J. C. Zhang, Y. Shen, and G. Y. Zhu, Zhongcaoyao, 38, 1161 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.P. L. Majumder, A. Kar, S. Banerjee, A. Pal, and M. Joardar, J. Indian Chem. Soc., 74, 908 (1997).Google Scholar
- 8.J. C. Zhang, Y. Shen, and G. Y. Zhu, Hebei Daxue Xuebao, 27, 262 (2007).Google Scholar
- 11.E. L. Tian, G. Z. Yang, Z. N. Mei, and Y. Chen, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 45, 1358 (2014).Google Scholar