Secondary Metabolites from the Aerial Part of Mausolea eriocarpa
- 35 Downloads
Mausolea eriocarpa (Bunge) Poljakov is the only species in the monotypic genus Mausolea Bunge and belongs to the Anthemideae tribe of the family Asteraceae. The species was described by Bunge in the genus Artemisia L. as A. eriocarpa Bunge. In 1961, Poljakov separated it as a special genus based on several morphological traits . Later, it was hypothesized based on the chromosome sets of Mausolea and Artemisia that Mausolea should after all be considered part of the genus Artemisia .
However, molecular systematics (DNA analysis) have now been used to confirm the independence of the genus Mausolea [3, 4, 5] although cladistics analysis showed that it was close to the Artemisia subgenus Dracunculus [4, 5]. Nevertheless, the question of the inclusion of Mausolea in the genus Artemisia remains open .
M. eriocarpa is a semi-shrub growing in sandy deserts and is endemic to the Central Asia . Its chemistry is virtually unstudied. It is known only that the aerial part of the plant...
KeywordsEtOAc Aerial Part CD3OD AcOH Quercitrin
The work was sponsored by the Fundamental Research Program of the Academy of Sciences of the Republic of Uzbekistan (Grant FA-F7-T184).
- 1.P. P. Polyakov, Tr. Inst. Bot. Akad. Nauk KazSSR, No. 11, 170 (1961).Google Scholar
- 3.C. Oberprieler, R. Vogt, and L. E. Watson, The Families and Genera of Vascular Plants, Vol. 8, Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg, 2007, p. 342.Google Scholar
- 4.J. Pellicer, J. Valles, A. A. Korobkov, and T. Garnatje, Taxon, 60 (3), 691 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.M. Sanz, R. Vilatersana, O. Hidalgo, N. Garcia-Jacas, A. Susanna, G. M. Schneeweiss, and J. Valles, Taxon, 57, 66 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.Guide to Plants of Central Asia, Critical Summary of Flora [in Russian], Vol. 10, Fan, Tashkent, 1993, p. 536.Google Scholar
- 7.Plant Resources of the USSR [in Russian], Vol. 10, P. D. Sokolov (ed.), Nauka, St. Petersburg, 1993, p. 149.Google Scholar
- 11.T. B. Thanh, H. N. Thanh, H. D. T. Ly, and H. Le-Thi-Thu, J. Chem. Pharm. Res., 7 (3), 2123 (2015).Google Scholar