Essential Oil Composition of Chrysanthemum zawadskii subsp. coreanum
- 70 Downloads
Chrysanthemum zawadskii subp. coreanum is a species of flowering plants in the Asteraceae. The leaves are finely divided and fleshy. The flowers are usually white or pink and blossom from September to October. Little is known about the chemical compounds present in this plant. This paper reports the volatile compounds identified in the essential oil of the aerial part of C. zawadskii subsp. coreanum from Nigeria. Previous studies on the essential oil components of the Nigerian plant have been reported .
Fresh plant materials of Chrysanthemum zawadskii subsp. coreanum were collected from a private garden in the Surulere Government Area of Lagos State, Nigeria, on July 10, 2014. Identification of the plant material was carried out at the Department of Botany, University of Lagos, Akoka-Yaba, Lagos, Nigeria. A voucher specimen (LUH 543) was deposited in the Herbarium of the University.
The fresh aerial part (150 g) of C. zawadskii subsp. coreanumwas subjected to hydrodistillation by...
KeywordsPhytol Camphor Borneol Caryophyllene Bornyl
- 2.British Pharmacopoeia II, P.A. 109, H. M. Stationary Office, London, 1980.Google Scholar
- 3.R. P. Adams, Identification of Essential Oil Components by Gas Chromatography/Quadrupole Mass Spectrometry, Allured Publishing Corp. Carol Stream, IL, 2007, 275 pp.Google Scholar
- 4.D. Joulain and W. A. Koenig, The Atlas of Spectral Data of Sesquiterpene Hydrocarbons, E. B. Verlag, Hamburg, 2008, 254 pp.Google Scholar
- 5.National Institute of Standards and Technology, Chemistry Web Book, Data from NIST Standard Reference Database 69, 2011, http://www.nist.gov/.
- 6.S. J. Kim, T. J. Ha, J. Kim, J. H. Nam, D. L. Yoo, J. T. Suh, and K. S. Kim, Hort. Sci. Technol., 32, 558 (2014).Google Scholar
- 7.Y. Byun and S. Shin, Nat. Prod. Sci., 14, 138 (2008).Google Scholar