A New Bergenin Derivative from Ardisia maclurei
A new bergenin derivative, 4-O-p-hydroxybenzoylbergenin (1), was isolated from the whole plants of Ardisia maclurei Merr., along with three known compounds wogonin (2), wogonoside (3), and α-spinasterol (4). The structure of 1 was elucidated using spectroscopic methods, mainly 2D NMR techniques. Compound 1 inhibited A549 cells with an IC50 value 20 μmol/mL.
Keywords4-O-p-hydroxybenzoylbergenin Ardisia maclurei structure elucidation
The research was supported by a grant from the Natural Science Foundation of Guangxi Province (2012GXNSFAA053020) and the Guangxi Key Laboratory of Chemistry and Engineering of Forest Products.
- 2.Z. H. Jia, K. Mitsunaga, K. Koike, and T. Ohmoto, Nat. Med., 49, 187 (1995).Google Scholar
- 4.S. Z. Mao, W. X. Tang, and W. H. Luo, J. Fujian Forest. Sci. Technol., 37, 119 (2010).Google Scholar
- 5.C. C. Qiu, S. F. Chen, and L. N. Zhou, J. Chin. Med., 3, 39 (1997).Google Scholar
- 6.X. R. Tuo and J. B. Wang, J. Northwest Pharm., 27, 390 (2012).Google Scholar
- 7.Z. J. Jin, J. Practical Med., 15, 3432 (2008).Google Scholar
- 10.Z. P. Zhang, Z. L. Yang, D. F. Tang, and M. Z. Sun, Chin. Traditional Pat. Med., 26, 1051 (2004).Google Scholar
- 11.H. Y. Wang, L. H. Xiao, L. Liu, and S. X. Xu, J. Shenyang Pharm. Univ., 20, 339 (2003).Google Scholar
- 12.W. Zhang, K. P. Xu, and Y. J. Zhou, Central South Pharm., 5, 444 (2007).Google Scholar