Dynamics of Biologically Active Compound Contents from Betula pendula Leaves During Early Leaf Development
- 192 Downloads
The individual group compositions of hydroxycinnamic acid derivatives, flavonoids, terpenoids, fatty acids, and hydrocarbons from Betula pendula leaves during early leaf development were studied using GC-MS and HPLC. The contents of biologically active compounds varied considerably during observation for 20 d after leaf emergence. It was shown that the dynamics of antifeedant triterpenoid contents correlated with the dynamics of L. dispar caterpillar deaths during the study period. The dynamics of the contents of total phenols, slightly oxidized phenols, and soluble proanthocyanidins were studied using spectrophotometry.
KeywordsBetula pendula triterpenoids phenylpropanoids papyriferic acid antifeedants gypsy moth Lymantria dispar
We thank V. A. Shilo, head of the Karasuksky field station of ISEA, SB, RAS, for invaluable assistance in organizing and performing the work. The work was sponsored by RFBR grants No. 15-29-02676 ofi_m, 15-04-08197 a, and 12-04-01228-a and the Basic Research Program of State Academies of Science for 2013–2020, on priority VI.51. Ecology of Organisms and Societies, Project No. VI.51.1.5.
- 1.S. Rastogi, M. Pandey, and A. K. S. Rawat, J. Ethnopharmacol., 159, 62 (2015); D. N. Vedernikov and V. I. Roshchin, Khim. Rastit. Syr’ya, No. 1, 93 (2012); N. D. Pokhilo and N. I. Uvarova, Khim. Interesakh Ustoich. Razvit., 6, 461 (1998).Google Scholar
- 2.P. Feeny, Ecology, 51, 565 (1970); A. F. Hunter and M. J. Lechowicz, Oecologia, 89 (3), 316 (1992); A. V. Ivashov, G. E. Boyko, and A. P. Simchuk, For. Ecol. Manage., 157 (1–3), 7 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.M. Riipi, V. Ossipov, K. Lempa, E. Haukioja, J. Koricheva, S. Ossipova, and K. Pihlaja, Oecologica, 130, (3), 380 (2002).Google Scholar
- 4.V. V. Martemyanov, S. V. Pavlushin, I. M. Dubovskiy, Yu. V. Yushkova, S. V. Morosov, E. I. Chernyak, V. M. Efimov, T. Ruuhola, and V. V. Glupov, PLoS One, 10, No. 6, e0130988 (2015).Google Scholar
- 5.N. I. Uvarova, G. V. Malinovskaya, and G. B. Elyakov, Tetrahedron Lett., 50, 4617 (1976); H. Fuchino, T. Saton, and N. Tanaka, Chem. Pharm. Bull., 43 (11), 1937 (1995).Google Scholar
- 7.K. Shiojima, Y. Arai, K. Masuda, Y. Takase, T. Ageta, and H. Ageta, Chem. Pharm. Bull., 40 (7), 1683 (1992); K. Naumoska and I. Vovk, J. Chromatogr. A, 1381, 229 (2015).Google Scholar
- 8.V. Ossipov, K. Nurmi, J. Laponene, E. Haukioja, and K. Pihlaja, J. Chromatogr. A, 721, 59 (1996); M.-L. Laitinen, R. Julkunen-Tiitto, and M. Rousi, J. Chem. Ecol., 26 (7), 1609 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.V. V. Martemyanov, S. V. Pavlushin, I. M. Dubovskiy, I. A. Belousova, Yu. V. Yushkova, S. V. Morosov, E. I. Chernyak, and V. V. Glupov, PLoS One, 10, No. 3, e0121917 (2015).Google Scholar