Synthesis and Nootropic Activity of new 3-Amino-12-N-Methylcytisine Derivatives
- 84 Downloads
Reductive alkylation of 3-amino-12-N-methylcytisine by aromatic aldehydes synthesized a series of secondary amines. The nootropic activity of the synthesized compounds was studied in vivo (mnestic and antihypoxic properties) and in vitro (antiradical properties and ability to affect transcription factor HIF-1 DNA-binding activity). The cytotoxicity of the synthesized compounds was assessed. The lead compound was identified.
Keywords(–)-cytisine nootropic activity mnestic effect antihypoxic properties antiradical properties AOS TF HIF-1
The work used equipment at the Biomika CCU (Department of Biochemical Research Methods and Nanobiotechnology, RTsKP Agidel, Ufa) and UNU KODINK. The work was sponsored by the RAS Presidium Basic Research Program “Basic Sciences – Medicine” for 2014; grants of the RF President for leading scientific schools NSh-5923.2014.4; and RFBR Grant No. 14-04-97035-povolzh'e-a.
- 1.N. V. Titova, Russ. Med. Zh., 24, 1846 (2007).Google Scholar
- 2.T. A. Voronina, Farm. Toksikol., 54 (2), 6 (1991).Google Scholar
- 3.N. P. Shabalov, A. A. Skoromets, A. P. Shumilina, T. N. Platonova, Yu. V. Sereda, and O. A. Fedorov, Vestn. Ross. Voenno-med. Akad., 1 (5), 24 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.M. Windisch, Brain Mechanisms and Psychotropic Drugs, CRC Press, New York, 1996, pp. 239–257.Google Scholar
- 5.T. A. Voronina and S. B. Seredenin, Eksp. Klin. Farmakol., 4, 3 (1998).Google Scholar
- 10.R. U. Khabriev, Handbook of Experimental (Preclinical) Study of New Drugs [in Russian], Meditsina, Moscow, 2005, 832 pp.Google Scholar
- 11.V. M. Berestovitskaya, O. S. Vasil'eva, B. M. Novikov, N. V. Usik, M. M. Zobacheva, I. N. Tjurenkov, V. N. Perfilova, and L. E. Borodkina, RU Pat. No. 2,216,322, Nov. 20, 2003.Google Scholar
- 12.T. A. Gudasheva, R. U. Ostrovskaya, S. S. Trofimov, M. Yu. Kosoi, F. V. Ienkina, Yu. V. Burov, and A. P. Soldinov, Khim.-farm. Zh., 19 (11), 1322 (1985).Google Scholar
- 15.K. Nagayama, A. Kumar, K. Wuthrich, and R. R. Ernst, J. Magn. Reson., 40, 321 (1980).Google Scholar
- 17.M. L. Belen'kii, Elements of Quantitative Assessment of the Pharmacological Effect [in Russian], Medgiz, Leningrad, 1963, 152 pp.Google Scholar