Phenolic Compounds from the Rhizomes of Drynaria bonii
- 126 Downloads
In the present study, phenolic constituents from the rhizomes of D. bonii were isolated and their antibacterial and antioxidant activities were determined. A new compound and eight known phenolic compounds were isolated from the ethanol extract of D. bonii. The structure of the new compound was characterized by spectroscopic analysis as 3-(5-hydroxymethyl)furan-2-yl)-2-phenylacrylaldehyde (9), along with chrysophanol (1), nobiletin (2), protocatechuic acid (3), protocatechualdehyde (4), isoliquiritigenin (5), rutin (6), nicotiflorin (7), and linocaffein (8). These compounds were isolated from this plant for the first time. Most of the compounds demonstrated antibacterial and antioxidant activities, with compound 4 demonstrating especially potent antioxidant effects (SC50 4.87 μg/mL) in the DPPH test.
KeywordDrynaria bonii phenolic compound antioxidant antibacterial
This research was funded by the Vietnam National Foundation for Science and Technology Development (NAFOSTED) under grant number 104.01-2012.39.
- 2.D. T. Loi, Medicinal Plants and Remedy of Vietnam, Publisher of Medicine, Hanoi, 2004, p. 491.Google Scholar
- 3.P. H. Ho, Vietnamese Plants, 1, Publisher of Young, Hanoi, 2002, p. 83.Google Scholar
- 4.P. T. N. Trinh, N. C. Hao, and P. T. Thao, Vietnam J. Chem., 47 (4A), 463 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.P. T. N. Trinh, N. C. Hao, and P. T. Thao, Vietnam J. Chem., 47 (4A), 468 (2009).Google Scholar
- 6.P. T. N. Trinh, L. T. Dung, N. C. Hao, and P. T. Thao, J. Med. Mat., 14 (6), 272 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.C. Jie, Antonio M. Montanari, and Wilbur W. Widmer, J. Agric. Food Chem., 45, 364 (1997).Google Scholar