Chemical Constituents of Ajania nematoloba
- 87 Downloads
Ajania nematoloba (Hand.-Mazz.) Y. Ling & C. Shih, a species of Ajania from the Asteraceae family, is distributed mainly in the northwest of China, and many species of Ajania are used as folk medicinal plants for curing bronchitis, lung diseases, intestinal ulcers, and rheumatism . The chemical constituents of this plant have not yet been reported. In the course of screening for biologically and chemically novel agents in the Asteraceae family, we investigated this plant. Fifteen compounds were isolated from the whole plants of A. nematoloba, and some of the constituents showed significant antitumor and antioxidant activities.
The specimen of A. nematoloba was collected in September from Lanzhou, Gansu Province, China and identified by Prof. Guoliang Zhang of Lanzhou University. A voucher specimen is deposited in the Laboratory of Natural Products Chemistry, Fujian Medical University of Fujian Province.
The air-dried and powdered whole plants of A. nematoloba(4.5 kg) were cut into...
KeywordsCDCl3 Palmitic Acid Luteolin CD3OD Apigenin
This work was financially supported by the Natural Sciences Foundation of Fujian Province (No. 2010J01179) and the Science and Technology Project of Fujian Province (No. 2012Y0035).
- 2.J. Zhao, F. Xu, W. Tan, Y. Chen, Z. Y. Gu, and L. Ma, Chin. J. Spectrosc. Lab., 29, 47 (2012).Google Scholar
- 4.T. D. Zhang, R. E. Pan, Z. M. Bi, H. J. Li, and P. Li, Chin. Pharm. J., 41, 741 (2006).Google Scholar
- 5.A. M. Yang, R. H. Lu, and Y. P. Shi, Chin. Pharm. J., 42, 1459 (2007).Google Scholar
- 6.Q. W. Zhang, Y. X. Zhang, Y. Zhang, Y. Q. Xiao, and Z. M. Wang, J. Chin. Med. Mater., 27, 202 (2002).Google Scholar
- 7.M. C. Huang, Z. X. Liao, and D. F. Chen, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 38, 1463 (2007).Google Scholar
- 9.L. Y. Kong, X. Li, Y. H. Fei, R. M. Yu, Z. D. Min, and T. R. Zhu, Acta Pharm. Sin., 29, 276 (1994).Google Scholar
- 10.J. G. Tang, H. J. Shao, and J. K. Liu, Chin. Trad. Herb. Drugs, 39, 1776 (2008).Google Scholar
- 11.Y. M. Liu, J. Zheng, Z. X. Yu, J. Zhang, and R. C. Lin, J. Chin. Med. Mater., 28, 1060 (2005).Google Scholar