Flavonoids and Antioxidant Activity of Thapsia garganica from Algeria
- 157 Downloads
In continuation of our investigation of flavonol glycoside distribution in Algerian medicinal plants [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12], we report here our study on the aerial parts of Thapsia garganica L. (Apiaceae) . This is the first time that flavonoids are isolated from this species from which the roots are traditionally used to treat rheumatism .
The aerial parts of Thapsia garganica L. (Apiaceae) were collected during the flowering period in May (2010) at Constantine, Algeria. A voucher specimen was deposited at the Herbarium of the Laboratory under the code number LOST.Tg.05.05.
Air dried aerial parts of Thapsia garganica (2000 g) were macerated three times with 70% MeOH solution. The hydroalcoholic solution was concentrated under reduced pressure to dryness, and the residue was dissolved in hot water (1000 mL) and kept in the cold overnight. After filtration, the aqueous solution was successively extracted with EtOAc once and with n-BuOH for three times; then the...
KeywordsDPPH EtOAc Luteolin Apigenin Isorhamnetin
The authors thank the ANDRS and MESRS (DG/RSDT), Algeria for financial support.
- 4.R. Bencheraiet, H. Kherrab, A. Kabouche, Z. Kabouche, and M. Jay, Rec. Nat. Prod., 5, 52 (2011).Google Scholar
- 5.R. Bencheraiet, A. Kabouche, Z. Kabouche, and M. Jay, Chem. Nat. Compd., 47, 813 (2011).Google Scholar
- 6.S. Laggoune, A. Zeghib, A. Kabouche, Z. Kabouche, F. Leon, I. Brouard, J. Bermejo, C. A. Calliste, and J. L. Duroux, Rec. Nat. Prod., 5, 238 (2011).Google Scholar
- 9.R. Bencheraiet, A. Kabouche, Z. Kabouche, R. Touzani, and M. Jay, Rec. Nat. Prod., 6, 174 (2012).Google Scholar
- 11.D. Berrehal, A. Karioti, A. Bilia, A. C. Goren, and Z. Kabouche, Rec. Nat. Prod., 6, 368 (2012).Google Scholar
- 13.P. Quezel and S. Santa, Nouvelle Flore de l_Algérie et des Regions Desertiques et Meridionales, Tome II, Editions CNRS, Paris, 1963.Google Scholar
- 14.D. Bellakhdar, La Pharmacopee Marocaine, Ibis press, Paris, 1997.Google Scholar
- 17.K. R. Markham, Techniques of Flavonoid Identification, Academic Press, London, 1982.Google Scholar
- 18.K. R. Markham and H. Geiger, in: The Flavonoids. Advances in Research since 1986, J. B. Harborne, ed., Chapman and Hall, 1993.Google Scholar
- 19.O. A. Eldahshan, N. A. Ayoub, A-N. B. Singab, and M. M. Al-Azizi, Rec. Nat. Prod., 2, 83 (2008).Google Scholar
- 22.I. Matlawska, Acta Pol. Pharm.– Drug Res., 58, 127 (2001).Google Scholar