Flavonoids from Mentha haplocalyx
- 142 Downloads
Mentha species are widely used for their flavoring and medicinal properties through out the world . Mentha haplocalyx Briq., as a traditional Chinese medicine, is extensively used in the treatment of nervous diseases, halitosis, and reproductive and digestive illnesses in China . Previous phytochemical investigations on this genus revealed the presence of flavonoids, phenolic acids, triterpenoids, and other compounds . In continuous experiment, 14 flavonoid compounds were reported from this plant.
The aerial parts of Mentha haplocalyx Briq. were collected in Dongtai (Jiangsu, China) during May 2011, and identified by Prof. Qian Shi-Hui of Jiangsu Province Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine. The specimen was kept at the Laboratory of Natural Medicinal Resources, Jiangsu Province Academy of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
The dried aerial parts of Mentha haplocalyxBriq. (14 kg) were refluxed with ethanol (1 × 80%, 112 L) for 2 h and 40% ethanol (2 × 112 L) twice,...
KeywordsFlavonoid Traditional Chinese Medicine Luteolin Apigenin Yellowish Powder
- 1.P. P. Shah and P. M. D. Mello, Nat. Prod. Rad., 3, 214 (2004).Google Scholar
- 2.C. Y. Liang, W. L. Li, H. Q. Zhang, and B. R. Ren, Chin. Wild Plant Resour., 22, 9 (2003).Google Scholar
- 3.Y. R. Peng, S. H. Qian, L. Shi, and Y. H. Luo, J. Chin. Med. Mater., 31, 104 (2008).Google Scholar
- 6.J. L. Han, F. L. Zhang, Z. H. Li, G. H. Du, and H. L. Qin, Chin. J. Chin. Mater. Med., 34, 2200 (2009).Google Scholar
- 9.Y. H. Zhang, Y. Liu, J. Hu, R. B. Shi, and Y. J. Guo, Chin. Tradit. Herb Drugs, 37, 512 (2006).Google Scholar
- 11.Y. M. Hu, Z. L. Du, H. Wang, W. C. Ye, and S. X. Zhao, Chin. J. Chin. Mater. Med., 32, 603 (2007).Google Scholar
- 12.H. J. Zuo, D. Li, B. Wu, H. Y. Gao, L. J. Wu, and D. Q. Chi, J. Shenyang Pharm. Univ., 22, 749 (2002).Google Scholar
- 13.J. S. Zhang and Q. M. Guo, Acta Pharm. Sin., 36, 34 (2001).Google Scholar
- 14.J. H. Zou and J. S. Yang, J. Chin. Pharm. Sci., 40, 733 (2005).Google Scholar
- 15.D. H. Wang, Z. Q. Yin, Q. W. Zhang, W. C. Ye, X. Q. Zhang, and J. Zhang, Chin. J. Chin. Mater. Med., 35, 2704 (2010).Google Scholar
- 17.H. D. Chi, J. C. Lu, and Y. M. Li, J. Shenyang Pharm. Univ., 23, 15 (2006).Google Scholar