Kaurane Diterpenoids from Celastrus orbiculatus
A new compound, ent-kaur-15-en-19,20-olide (1), together with a new natural compound, (–)-20-hydroxykaur16-en-19-oic acid lactone (2), were isolated from the stems of Celastrus orbiculatus Thunb. Their structures were determined by extensive analysis of spectroscopic data (1D and 2D NMR, MS) and by comparison with literature data.
KeywordsCelastrus orbiculatus characterization kaurane diterpenoids cytotoxic activity
The authors greatly appreciate the financial support from the priority academic program development of Jiangsu higher education institutions (PAPD) of China and the Social Development Project of Jiangsu Province of China (No. BE2011738). This work was also supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 81102763 and 81373919).
- 1.Chinese Medicine Dictionary Writing Group, Chinese Medicine Dictionary, 2, 1345 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.C. R. Chen, W. G. Li, Y. J. Wu, and M. T. Gao, Chin. Med. Pharm. Clinic, 18, 20 (2002).Google Scholar
- 6.L. J. Zhang, R. Q. Zhu, Y. Fei, G. Feng, D. L. Lei, and X. L. Zhao, Cancer Res. Prev. Treat., 32, 719 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.J. Zhang, Y. M. Xu, W. M. Wang, and Y. Q. Liu, China J. Chin. Mater. Med., 31, 1514 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.J. Zhang, Y. M. Xu, and Y. Q. Liu, Chin. Med. Pharm. Clinic, 22, 99 (2006).Google Scholar