Gas Chromatography-Mass Spectrometry Study of Unsaturated Fatty Acids from Carthamus tinctorius Seed Oil
- 137 Downloads
Arable lands in Uzbekistan are currently designated partly for sunflower (Helianthus annuus L.) and safflower (Carthamus tinctorius L.) (Asteraceae) in order to expand the variety of plant oils . The most important parameters of safflower oil obtained from shelled seeds are comparable to those of sunflower  and differ from those of other food oils by a higher (up to 80%) content of essential α-linoleic [18:2ω6 or 18:2 (9Z,12Z)] acid, which fulfills a multifunctional role in man . It was reported previously that safflower oil contains also in trace quantities conjugated positional and geometric isomers of α-linoleic acid (common term CLA). The 18:2 (9Z,11E) isomer is one of the principal ones .
Isomers of α-18:2 with a trans,trans- or trans,cis-system of conjugated double bonds are practically never encountered in seed oils of higher plants. Seed oil of Chilopis linearis (Bignoniaceae) is known to contain 9% 18:2 (10E,12E) acid . CLA are found in other plant oils in...
KeywordsCocoa Butter Positional Isomer Octadecenoic Acid Seed Lipid Carthamus Tinctorius
- 1.T. V. Chernenko, N. T. Ul’chenko, N. K. Yuldasheva, A. I. Glushenkova, S. D. Gusakova, Sh. Sh. Sagdullaev, and M. A. Radzhabov, Maslo-zhir. Promst., No. 2, 13 (2011).Google Scholar
- 2.V. G. Shcherbakov, Biochemistry and Science of Oil Raw Material [in Russian], Moscow, 1969, 384 pp.Google Scholar
- 6.R. Aydin, Turk. J. Vet. Anim. Sci., 29, 189 (2005).Google Scholar
- 10.Sh. K. Khidoyatova, T. V. Chernenko, S. D. Gusakova, Sh. Sh. Sagdullaev, and M. R. Yakubova, in: Proceedings of the International Scientific Conference “Critical Problems in the Development of Bioorganic Chemistry” [in Russian], Tashkent, 2010, p. 114.Google Scholar
- 18.S. S. Kravtsova and V. V. Khasanov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 702 (2011).Google Scholar
- 20.E. Opoku-Boahen, V. Y. Atsu Barku, and A. Dobson, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 606 (2011).Google Scholar
- 22.Handbook of Study Methods, Chemical Control, and Production Accounting in the Oil-Fat Industry [in Russian], Vol. 1, Leningrad, 1967, p. 484.Google Scholar
- 23.N. T. Ul’chenko, N. P. Bekker, and A. I. Glushenkova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 456 (2000).Google Scholar