Polyunsaturated fatty acids from several plant species of the family Boraginaceae
- 168 Downloads
Lipids from seeds of the plants Cynoglossum officinale (1), Echium vulgare (2), and Lappula squarrosa (3) of the family Boraginaceae growing in the Republic of Bashkortostan were studied. Four polyunsaturated acids, linoleic (LA), γ-linolenic (GLA), α-linolenic (ALA), and stearidonic (SA), were identified among the fatty acids. The principal acids of the neutral lipids (NL) were 18:1 and 18:2 in 1, ALA in 2 and 3, and GLA in approximately equal amounts in all three samples. The highest amount of SA (16.8 %) was found in 3. Unsaponified components of NL samples were identified by GC/MS. Alkaloids were observed in the pulp and polar lipids.
Keywordsγ-linolenic, α-linolenic, stearidonic acids lipids Cynoglossum officinale Echium vulgare Lappula squarrosa family Boraginaceae
The work was supported financially by a Grant of the RF President for Leading Scientific Schools No. NSh-3756.2010.3; the RAS Presidium Basic Research Program No. 7P; and Federal Targeted Program “Scientific and Scientific-Pedagogical Staff of Innovation Russia for 2009-2013,” State Contract No. 14.740.11.0367.
- 3.WHO/EAO: Preparation and Use of Food-based Dietary Guidelines. WHO Technical Report Series, Rome, Italy, 1998, p. 880.Google Scholar
- 6.P. Tetenyi, Acta Bot. Acad. Sci. Hung., 20, 159 (1974).Google Scholar
- 7.N. I. Fedorov, F. Kh. Khaziev, I. M. Gabbasova, R. R. Suleimanov, S. N. Zhigunova, M. R. Lugmanova, O. I. Mikhailenko, and T. T. Garipov, Biological Resources of South Urals: Basic Principles of Rational Use [in Russian], Gilem, Ufa, 2009.Google Scholar
- 8.N. T. Ul′ chenko, Sh. P. Nazarova, A. I. Glushenkova, F. F. Fatkhiev, and G. A. Tolstikov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 758 (1991).Google Scholar
- 11.A. R. Karimova, C. G. Yunusova, E. G. Galkin, N. I. Fedorov, and M. S. Yunusov, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 235 (2004).Google Scholar
- 12.Plant Resources of the USSR, Vol. 5, Izd. Nauka, Leningrad, 1990, pp. 114, 120.Google Scholar
- 13.A. I. Ermakov, V. E. Abrasimovich, M. I. Smirnova-Ikonnikova, N. P. Yarosh, and G. A. Lukovnikova, Methods of Biochemical Study of Plants [in Russian], Kolos, Leningrad, 1972.Google Scholar