Flavonoids from Knautia montana flowers growing in Azerbaijan
- 53 Downloads
The family Dipsacaceae (teasel) comprises 10 genera and about 300 species that are distributed mainly in Mediterranean and Western Asian countries. The genus Knautia L. is one of the genera in this family. It is represented by two species in the flora of Azerbaijan, K. montana (M.B.) D.C. and K. involucrate Somm. et Lev . K. montana is the most widely distributed species, is a biennial or perennial plant, and reaches 100–150 cm in height.
Isolation of Flavonoids fromK. montanaFlowers. Air-dried flowers (1.2 kg) were collected on July 11, 2009, below Budug village, Gubin Region, Azerbaijan Republic and were extracted with EtOH (95%, 3×, 1:8) at room temperature. The extracts were filtered, evaporated in vacuo to 200–250 mL, diluted with H2O (300 mL), and evaporated to an aqueous residue. The aqueous solution was extracted with hexane, EtOAc:hexane (1:1.5), and EtOAc.
The EtOAc:hexane extract was evaporated. The solid was recrystallized from CHCl3:MeOH to afford 1.
The EtOAc extract...
KeywordsMeOH CHCl3 Flavonoid EtOH EtOAc
- 1.Flora of Azerbaijan [in Russian], Vol. VIII, Baku, 1961, p. 98.Google Scholar
- 2.G. N. Zemtsova and V A. Bandyukova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 705 (1977).Google Scholar
- 3.L. I. Borodin, V. I. Litvinenko, and N. V. Kurinnaya, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 19 (1970).Google Scholar
- 5.T. J. Mabry, K. R. Markham, and M. B. Thomas, The Systematic Identification of Flavonoids, Springer-Verlag, New York, 1970, p. 354.Google Scholar
- 7.I. S. Movsumov, E. A. Garaev, and M. I. Isaev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 552 (2006).Google Scholar