Chemical investigation of Ervatamia yunnanensis
- 131 Downloads
The study of Ervatamia yunnanensis Tsiang, growing in Yunnan and Guangxi provinces of China, has focused on the isolation of alkaloids [1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6], which are demonstrated to have significant anti-addictive, anti-malarial, anti-reproductive, and anticancer activities [7, 8]. About 30 indole alkaloids have been isolated from E. yunnanensis Tsiang. Continuing our investigations into the biologically active constituents of nonalkaloid parts of Ervatamia yunnanensis by chromatographic and spectroscopic methods, we have isolated two lignans (1 and 2), five flavonoids (6, 9, 11, 13, and 14), two triterpenoids (7 and 8), three organic or fatty acids and derivatives (3, 4, and 12), vanillin (10), and one aromatic ketone (5).
The plant material was collected in May 2003 at Xishuangbanna, Yunnan province and identified as the stems of Ervatamia yunnanensisTsiang by Senior Engineer Wang Hong, Xishuanbanna Tropical Plant Garden of the Chinese Academy of Sciences. The air-dried and powdered...
KeywordsVanillin CD3OD Indole Alkaloid Cycloartenol Gradient Mixture
This work was supported by the National Natural Science Foundation of China (No. 20272081 and 20872178) and Shanghai Leading Academic Project (No. B906).
- 2.W. Xuan, H. Chen, Z. Yuan, and X. Zhang, Dier Junyi Daxue Xuebao, 27, No. 1, 92 (2006).Google Scholar
- 3.S. Liang, X. G. Luo, H. S. Chen, X. D. Zhang, M. Huang, and W. Y. Liu, Chin. Chem. Lett., 17, No. 6, 783 (2006).Google Scholar
- 4.Y. Yu, J. M. Gao, and J. K. Liu, Chin. Chem. Lett., 10, No. 7, 575 (1999).Google Scholar
- 5.Y. Yu, J. M. Gao, and J. K. Gao, Acta Bot. Yunnanica, 21, No. 3, 399 (1999).Google Scholar
- 12.D. Q. Yu and J. S. Yang, Manual of Analytical Chemistry, 2rd edition, No. 7 fascicule, Analysis of NMR spectrum, Chemical Industry Press (China), 1999, pp. 818, 836.Google Scholar
- 15.D. Q. Yu and J. S. Yang, Manual of Analytical Chemistry, 2rd edition, No. 7 fascicule, Analysis of NMR spectrum, Chemical Industry Press (China), 1999, p. 825.Google Scholar
- 16.Y. F. Wang, T. H. Mu, J. J. Chen, and S. D. Luo, China J. Chin. Mater. Med., 28, No. 6, 524 (2003).Google Scholar
- 17.A. Hirayama and Y. Kagami, JP2006182777.Google Scholar
- 18.K. M. Biswas, M. A. Erfan, and H. M. Ehsanul, Indian J. Chem., Ser. B, Organic Chemistry, including Medicinal Chemistry, 396 (1977).Google Scholar