Chemical study of Lophanthus chinensis
- 82 Downloads
The genus Lophanthus Adanson (Lamiaceae) contains 20 species . The aerial part of L. chinensis Benth. (pri yang ku) is used in Tibetan medicine for diseases of the cardiovascular and central nervous systems that are comprised by the name “planetary diseases” . Water-soluble polysaccharides from the aerial part were investigated earlier during a chemical study of L. chinensis . Information on other classes of compounds in L. chinensis has not appeared. The goal of our work was to study the composition of extracted substances from the aerial part of L. chinensis.
The aerial part of L. chinensis was collected during flowering in August 2008 near Atsagat (Republic of Buryatia, Russia; sample No. L/L1589-08, located in the Herbarium of the Department of Biologically Active Compounds, IGEB, SB, RAS). The species was verified by Doctor of Pharmaceutical Sciences Professor T. A. Aseeva (IGEB, SB, RAS).
Dried and ground raw material (0.6 kg) was extracted with EtOH (70%, 8×, 1:20) at...
KeywordsMeOH EtOH EtOAc AlCl3 Luteolin
- 2.Tibetan Medicine in Buryatia [in Russian], RAS, Novosibirsk, 2008.Google Scholar
- 3.D. N. Olennikov, A. V. Rokhin, and L. M. Tankhaeva, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 258 (2009).Google Scholar
- 7.V. M. Malikov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 250, 384 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.V. M. Malikov and M. P. Yuldashev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 299, 385 (2002).Google Scholar
- 12.F. Tatsuzawa and K. Shinoda, Hortic. Res., 4, 225 (2005).Google Scholar