Wheat germ oil
In continuation of research on lipids and lipophilic constituents of nontraditional sources of oil-containing raw material , we studied lipids and lipophilic components of wheat germ (Triticcum vulgare, Gramineae), which is a multi-ton waste of flour production and typically has a high content of oil [2, 3, 4] that is enriched in essential fatty acids. Furthermore, the germ contains vitamins B1, B2, B6, PP, D, and other biologically active compounds . The oil has a beneficial effect on the immune and endocrine systems, stimulates reproductive functions, accelerates wound and burn healing, reduces the cholesterol level in blood, and exhibits antisclerotic and cardioprotective properties .
The oil comprises a broad array of biologically active compounds and a variety of pharmacological properties. It is a unique oil for fabricating fatty food products and biologically active additives (BAA), as evidenced by the creation based on it of several BAA .
KeywordsMeOH Neutral Lipid Unsaturated Acid Total Neutral Lipid Cyclic Alcohol
- 1.N. T. Ul’chenko, N. P. Bekker, A. Yunusov, N. K. Yuldasheva, T. V. Chernenko, and A. I. Glushenkova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 269 (2009).Google Scholar
- 2.Handbook of Study Methods, Chemical Monitoring, and Production Accounting in the Oil-Fat Industry [inRussian], Vol. 5, Leningrad, 1969, p. 49.Google Scholar
- 3.V. M. Kosman, N. M. Faustova, I. G. Zenkevich, O. N. Pozharitskaya, A. N. Shikov, and V. G. Makarov, Maslo-Zhir. Promst., No. 6, 32 (2007).Google Scholar
- 4.R. A. Makhmudov, Technology of the Production and Use of Wheat Germ Oil, Thesis, Tashkent, 1997.Google Scholar
- 5.A. B. Vishnyakov and V. N. Vlasov, Germ of Health [in Russian], Globus, Moscow, 2001, p. 171.Google Scholar
- 6.L. V. Tereshchuk and A. I. Loseva, Maslo-Zhir. Promst., No. 5, 12 (2005).Google Scholar
- 7.N. V. Komarov, K. G. Savilova, and A. S. Levina, Maslo-Zhir. Promst., No. 6, 12 (2006).Google Scholar
- 8.O. N. Tolkachev and A. A. Zhuchenko, Khim.-farm. Zh., No. 7, 52 (2000).Google Scholar
- 9.M. Kates, Techniques of Lipidology: Isolation, Analysis, and Identification of Lipids, Elsevier, New York, 1973.Google Scholar
- 10.N. T.Ul’chenko and A. I. Glushenkova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 103 (2000).Google Scholar