Phytochemical study of Convolvulus subhirsutus growing in Uzbekistan
- 56 Downloads
Eight alkaloid derivatives of tropane, among which the major ones were convolvine and convolamine; the minor ones, phyllalbin, convolidine, nortropine, phyllalbin N-oxide, convolvidine, and conpropine, have been isolated previously from the aerial part of Convolvulus subhirsutus growing in Uzbekistan [1, 2]. Quantitative analysis found 0.6% total bases in the aerial part; 1.6%, in the roots. The contents of the major alkaloids convolvine and convolamine were 45-50% of the total mixture. In continuation of research on alkaloids of this plant collected near Tepar, Tashkent Oblast′, a base (15 mg) with mp 144–145°C that was identified as the known alkaloid convolicine was isolated by chromatography over a column of Al2O3 from the non-phenol part of total alkaloids after removal of convolvine and convolamine . The benzene eluates contained an alkaloid (10 mg) with mp 178–179°C that was identified as confolidine.
The extract was neutralized to pH 7 after removal of the alkaloids, diluted...
KeywordsAlkaloid Coumarin EtOAc Caffeic Acid Acid Ethyl Ester
- 1.A. M. Gapparov, N. A. Razzakov, and S. F. Aripova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 242 (2007).Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Gapparov, S. F. Aripova, N. A. Razzakov, and V. U. Khuzhaev, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 601 (2008).Google Scholar
- 3.N. A. Razzakov and S. F. Aripova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 46 (2004).Google Scholar
- 4.W. A. Andreae, Can. J. Res., Sect. C. 26, 31 (1948).Google Scholar
- 5.G. V. Bukreeva and G. V. Pigulevskii, Zh. Prikl. Khim., 39, 7, 1541 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.G. V. Pigulevskii and G. A. Kuznetsova, Zh. Obshch. Khim., 24, 12, 2174 (1954).Google Scholar
- 7.M. E. Perel′son, Yu. N. Sheinker, and G. P. Syrova, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 6 (1970).Google Scholar
- 8.N. F. Komissarenko, I. G. Levashova, and U. A. Akhmedov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 247 (1984).Google Scholar
- 9.A. D. Vdovin, D. Batsuren, E. Kh. Batirov, M. R. Yagudaev, and V. M. Malikov, Khim. Prir. Soedin., 441 (1983).Google Scholar