Synthesis of rupestonic acid amide derivatives and their in vitro activity against type A3 and B flu virus and herpes simplex I and II
- 113 Downloads
Derivatives of rupestonic acid (5a–e) were synthesized and evaluated preliminarily at the National Center for Drug Screening (PRC) for antiviral activity against type A3 and B flu virus and HSV-I and HSV-II in order to improve the biological activity of rupestonic acid. It was found that compound 5b was more active than rupestonic acid against type A3 flu virus.
Key wordssynthesis rupestonic acid amide derivatives flu virus herpes simplex virus activity
The work was supported financially by the Scientific-Research Plan of the Xinjiang High Technologies (PRC) (No. 200515123) and the Xinjiang Foundation for Key Laboratories of Plant Resources and the Chemistry of Natural Compounds. We thank staff members of the National Center for Drug Screening (PRC) for investigating the biological activity of the synthesized compounds.
- 1.X.-Y. Chen and S.-H. Wang, Chin. Tradit. Herb. Drugs, 12, 25 (1981).Google Scholar
- 2.Sirafil, Askar, Ilhamjan, Xawkat, and Halmurat, Chin. J. Biochem. Mol. Biol., 17, 226 (2001).Google Scholar
- 3.Abdiryim, Israpil, and Halmurat, Chin. Pharm. Bull., 17, 648 (2001).Google Scholar
- 4.Sirafil, Gulnar, and F. Liu, Chin. J. Tradit. Drugs, 2, 35 (1996).Google Scholar
- 8.L.-J. Liu, J.-P. Yong, and J.-W. Wang, Chem. J. Chin. Univ., 27, No. 9, 1669 (2006).Google Scholar