Comparison of the components of the essential oils from leaves and fruits of Grammosciadium platycarpum
The composition of the hydrodistilled essential oils obtained from dried leaves and fruits of Grammosciadium platycarpum Boiss. & Hausskn. were determined by GC and GC/MS. Twenty-five compounds (87.0%) and sixteen constituents (96.2%) were identified in the leaf and fruit oils, respectively. Linalool (26.1 and 53.9%), (E,E)-α-farnesene (24.1 and 20.4% ) and (Z)-β-santalol (10.6 and 10.9%) were the major components in the leaf and fruit oils.
Key wordsGrammosciadium platycarpum Umbelliferae essential oil chemical composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Mozaffarian, A Dictionary of Iranian Plant Names, Farhang Moaser, Tehran, 1996, pp. 251–252.Google Scholar
- 2.V. Mozaffarian, The Family of Umbelliferae in Iran, Keys and Distribution, Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Sonboli, F. Eftekhar, M. Yousefzadi, and M. R. Kanani, Z. Naturforsch., 60c, 30 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Sonboli, P. Salehi, M. R. Kanani, and S. Nejad Ebrahimi, Z. Naturforsch., 60c, 534 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.R. P. Adams, Identification of Essential Oil Components by Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy, Allured Publishing Co., Carol Stream, IL, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Jennings and T. Shibamoto, Qualitative Analysis of Flavor and Fragrance Volatiles by Capillary Gas Chromatography, Academic Press, New York, 1980.Google Scholar