Comparison of the components of the essential oils from leaves and fruits of Grammosciadium platycarpum
- 69 Downloads
The composition of the hydrodistilled essential oils obtained from dried leaves and fruits of Grammosciadium platycarpum Boiss. & Hausskn. were determined by GC and GC/MS. Twenty-five compounds (87.0%) and sixteen constituents (96.2%) were identified in the leaf and fruit oils, respectively. Linalool (26.1 and 53.9%), (E,E)-α-farnesene (24.1 and 20.4% ) and (Z)-β-santalol (10.6 and 10.9%) were the major components in the leaf and fruit oils.
Key wordsGrammosciadium platycarpum Umbelliferae essential oil chemical composition
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.V. Mozaffarian, A Dictionary of Iranian Plant Names, Farhang Moaser, Tehran, 1996, pp. 251–252.Google Scholar
- 2.V. Mozaffarian, The Family of Umbelliferae in Iran, Keys and Distribution, Research Institute of Forests and Rangelands, Tehran, 1983.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Sonboli, F. Eftekhar, M. Yousefzadi, and M. R. Kanani, Z. Naturforsch., 60c, 30 (2005).Google Scholar
- 4.A. Sonboli, P. Salehi, M. R. Kanani, and S. Nejad Ebrahimi, Z. Naturforsch., 60c, 534 (2005).Google Scholar
- 5.R. P. Adams, Identification of Essential Oil Components by Gas Chromatography/Mass Spectroscopy, Allured Publishing Co., Carol Stream, IL, 1995.Google Scholar
- 6.W. Jennings and T. Shibamoto, Qualitative Analysis of Flavor and Fragrance Volatiles by Capillary Gas Chromatography, Academic Press, New York, 1980.Google Scholar