Two new compounds from Phyllanthus niruri
- 137 Downloads
Three compounds were isolated from Phyllanthus niruri Linn. One effective method, improved dry column liquid chromatography for isolating these compounds, was applied on a silica gel column. It is a combination of conventional dry column chromatographic and flash chromatographic techniques. Structures of those obtained compounds were elucidated by means of spectral techniques including IR, MS, and 1D NMR and 2D NMR. Compound 1 was elucidated as 2,3,5,6-tetrahydroxybenzyl acetate. Compound 2 , 2,4,5-trihydroxy-3-(4,6,7-trihydroxy-3-oxo-1,3-dihydroisobenzofuran-5-yl)-benzoic acid methyl ester, was given the name phyllangin, and compound 3 was named corilagin. Compounds 1 and 2 are new compounds.
Key wordsDry column chromatography Phyllanthus niruriLinn; 2,3,5,6-tetrahydroxybenzyl acetate Phyllangin Corilagin
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Thyagarajan, S. P., Subramanian, S., Thirunalasundari, T., Venkateswaran, P. S., Blumberg, B. S. 1988Lancet1764Google Scholar
- 2.Wan, l., Jiang, z., Huang, b. 1997Xinzhongyi2939(China)Google Scholar
- 4.Calixto, J. B., Santos, R. S. A., Niraldo, P. 1997Cient. Cult.49422Google Scholar
- 5.Joy, K. L., Kuttan, R. 1998J. Clin. Biochem. Nutr.24133Google Scholar
- 7.Lee, C. D., Ott, M., Thyagarajan, S. P. 1996Eur. J. Clin. Invst.261069Google Scholar
- 8.Syamasundar, K. V., Bikram, S., Thakur, R. S. 1985J. Ethropharmacol.1441Google Scholar
- 9.Hussaain, R. A., Dickey, J. K., Rosser, M. P., Brittain, R. J., Webb, M. L., Rose, P. M., Fernandes, P. 1995J. Nat. Prod.581515Google Scholar
- 11.Eur. Pat. Appl. EP.199, 429, 1986.Google Scholar
- 12.Rajeshkumar, N.V., Kuttan, R. 2000J. Enthnopharmacol.73215Google Scholar
- 15.Jpn kokai Tokyo Koho JP 03 206 044 [91 206 044].Google Scholar