Comparison of Solution Methods for the Boundary Function Equation
- 33 Downloads
We consider a second-order differential equation that describes the behavior of the “boundary function” — the zeroth-order boundary function of the asymptotic boundary function method. The dual operator formalism is applied to this equation. The result is an approximate solution of the problem that satisfies the boundary conditions on both boundaries. The boundary function obtained in this way is compared with the results of numerical solution of the exact differential equation.
Keywordsasymptotic behavior differential equation dual operator boundary function “plasma–sheath” problem plasma potential
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.D. S. Filippychev, “Simulation of the “plasm–sheath” equation using a grid with condensation,” Prikl. Matem. Informat., Moscow, MAKS Press, No. 14, 35–54 (2003) .Google Scholar
- 4.D. S. Filippychev, “Simulation of the “plasma–sheath” equation,” Vestn. MGU, Ser. 15: Vychisl. Matem. Kibern., No. 4: 32–39 (2004).Google Scholar
- 5.D. S. Filippychev, “Boundary function method to derive the asymptotic solution of the ‘plasma– sheath’ equation,” Prikl. Matem. Informat., Moscow, MAKS Press, No. 19, 21-40 (2004).Google Scholar
- 6.A. B. Vasil’eva and V. F. Butuzov, Asymptotic Expansion of Solutions of Singularly Perturbed Equations [in Russian], Nauka, Moscow (1973).Google Scholar
- 7.D. S. Filippychev, “Application of the dual operator formalism to obtain the zeroth-order boundary function of the ‘plasma –sheath’ equation,” Prikl. Matm. Informat., Moscow, MAKS Press, No. 22, 76-90 (2005).Google Scholar
- 8.D. S. Filippychev, “Numerical solution of the boundary function differential equation,” Vestn. MGU, Ser. 15: Vychisl. Matem. Kibern., No. 2, 10–14 (2006).Google Scholar
- 9.D. S. Filippychev, “Numerical solution of the differential equation describing the behavior of a zeroth-order boundary function,” Prikl. Matem. Informat., Moscow, MAKS Press, No. 23, 24–35 (2006).Google Scholar
- 10.D. S. Filippychev and V. V. Nevedov, “Boundary layer method and its application for the ‘plasma – layer’ equation with Emmert kernel,” in: European Science and Technology, 6th Int. Sci. Conf. Munich, Vol. 1 (2013), pp. 410–415.Google Scholar