A method to compute the electric field vector on the surface of the cardiac muscle
- 53 Downloads
Methods of assessing the electrophysiological state of the heart by solving the inverse problem of electrocardiography in potential form are actively used in clinical practice. Some results suggest, however, that on its own the electric potential of the heart may not be sufficient for diagnosing complex cases of cardiac arrhythmia. Studies have shown that the absolute value of the potential gradient is an important characteristic that produces a more precise assessment of the electrophysiological state of the heart. In this article we propose an algorithm for numerical reconstruction of the potential gradients from the solution of the inverse problem of electrocardiography.
Keywordsinverse problem of electrocardiography boundary integral equation method potential gradient singular integral hypersingular integral
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Barr and M. Spach, Inverse Solutions Directly in Terms of Potentials [Russian translation], Meditsina, Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.A. M. Denisov, E. V. Zakharov, A. V. Kalinin, and V. V. Kalinin, “Application of Tikhonov regularization method for numerical solution of the inverse problem of electrocardiography,” Vestn. MGU, Ser. 15, Vychisl. Matem. Kibern., No. 2, 5–10 (2008).Google Scholar
- 4.E. V. Zakharov and A. V. Kalinin, “Numerical solution of a three-dimensional Dirichlet problem in a piecewise-homogeneous medium by boundary integral equation method,” Zh. Vychisl. Matem. Mat. Fiz., No. 7, 1197–1206 (2009).Google Scholar
- 5.A. M. Denisov, E. V. Zakharov, A. V. Kalinin, and V. V. Kalinin, “Numerical solution of the inverse problem of electrocardiography for a medium with a piecewise-constant electrical conductivity,” Zh, Vychisl. Matem. Mat. Fiz., No. 7, 1233–1239 (2010).Google Scholar
- 6.A. V. Kalinin, “Iterative algorithm for the inverse problem of electrocardiography in a medium with piecewise-constant electrical conductivity,” Prikl. Matem. Informat., Izd. MGU, No. 34б, 35–40 (2010).Google Scholar
- 8.E. V. Zakharov, A. G. Davydov, and I. V. Khaleeva, “Integral equations with Hadamard kernels in diffraction problems,” in: Topical Issues in Applied Mathematics [in Russian], Izd. MGU, Moscow (1989), pp. 118-127.Google Scholar
- 9.A. Sutradhar, G. H. Paulino, and L. J. Gray, Symmetric Galerkin Boundary Element Method, Springer (2008).Google Scholar