Generalized approximation method and a thin film flow of a third grade fluid on a moving belt
- 60 Downloads
We develop a generalized approximation method (GAM) to obtain a solution of a thin film flow of a third grade fluid on a moving belt. The GAM generates a monotone sequence of solutions of linear problems. The sequence of solutions of linear problems converges monotonically and rapidly to a solution of the original nonlinear problem. We present some numerical simulations to illustrate and confirm our results.
KeywordsHomotopy Analysis Method Homotopy Perturbation Method Grade Fluid Shrinking Sheet Thin Film Flow
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. Ahmad and J. J. Nieto, “Existence and approximation of solutions for a class of nonlinear impulsive functional differential equations with anti-periodic boundary conditions,” Nonlinear Anal. (TMA), doi: 10.1016/j.na.2007.09.018.
- 4.J. H. He, “Homotopy perturbation technique,” Comput. Methods Appl. Mech. Eng., 178 (257), 3 – 4 (1999).Google Scholar
- 6.B. Keramati, “An approach to the solution of linear system of equations by He’s homotopy perturbation method,” Chaos, Solitons, Fractals, doi: 10.1016/j.chaos.2007.11.020.
- 10.R. A. Khan, “Generalized approximations method for heat radiation equations,” Appl. Math. Comput., Doi: 10.1016/j.amc.2009.02.028.
- 11.R. A. Khan, “The generalized approximations and nonlinear heat transfer equations,” Elec. J. Qual. Theory Differ. Eq., 2, 1–15 (2009).Google Scholar
- 16.A. M. Siddiqui, R. Mahmood, and Q. K. Ghori, “Thin film flow of a third grade fluid on a moving belt by He’s homotopy perturbation method,” Int J. Non-Linear Sci. Numer. Simul., 7, 1 – 8 (2006).Google Scholar
- 17.A. M. Siddiqui, R. Mahmood, and Q. K. Ghori, “Homotopy perturbation method for thin film flow of a third grade fluid down an inclined plane,” Chaos, Solitons, Fractals, doi: 10.1016/j.chaos.2006.05.026.