Characteristics of Homeless Adults with Serious Mental Illnesses Served by Three Street-Level Federally Funded Homelessness Programs
- 1.1k Downloads
KeywordsMental Illness Mental Health Service Homeless People Community Mental Health Center Public Mental Health
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- Blankertz, L. E., Cnaan, R. A., White, K., Fox, J., & Messinger, K. (1990). Outreach efforts with dually diagnosed homeless persons. Families in Society, 71(7), 387–395.Google Scholar
- Dykeman, B. F. (2011). Intervention strategies with the homeless population. Journal of Instructional Psychology, 38(1), 32–39.Google Scholar
- Fisk, D., Rowe, M., Laub, D., Calvocoressi, L., & DeMino, K. (2000). Homeless persons with mental illness and their families: Emerging issues from clinical work. Families in Society: The Journal of Contemporary Human Services, 81(4), 351–359.Google Scholar
- Folsom, D. P., Hawthorne, W., Lindamer, L., Gilmer, T., Bailey, A., Golshan, S., et al. (2005). Prevalence and risk factors for homelessness and utilization of mental health services among 10, 340 patients with serious mental illness in a large public mental health system. American Journal of Psychiatry, 162, 370–376.PubMedCrossRefGoogle Scholar
- Fosburg, L., & Dennis, D. (1999). Practical lessons: The 1998 national symposium on homelessness research, Arlington, Virginia, October 29–30, 1998. Retrieved February 23, 2012 from http://aspe.hhs.gov/progsys/homeless/symposium/toc.htm.
- Hwang, S. W., Tolomiczenko, G., Kouyoumdjian, F. G., & Garner, R. E. (2005). Interventions to improve the health of the homeless: A systematic review. American Journal of Preventive Medicine, 29(4), 311.e1–311.e8, available at homeless.samhsa.gov/ResourceFiles/Systematic_Review(AJPM).pdf, retrieved 10/1/2010.Google Scholar
- Nuttbrok, L. A., Rahav, M., Rivera, J. J., Ng-Mak, D. S., & Link, B. G. (1998). Outcomes of homeless mentally ill chemical abusers in community residences and a therapeutic community. Psychiatric Services, 49, 68–76.Google Scholar
- O’Hara, A. (1998). Continuum of care. In from the Cold: A Tool Kit for Creating Safe Havens for Homeless People on the Street. Chapter 1, 7–13. Available at http://www.hudhre.info/documents/SafeHavens.pdf.
- Page, J. L. (2004). Programs that serve homeless people with serious mental illness: A nationwide exploration of non-traditional treatment approaches, success, and barriers to transferring care to community mental health systems (doctoral dissertation). Stony Brook, NY: Stony Brook University.Google Scholar
- Page, J. (2007). Barriers to transferring care of homeless people with serious mental illnesses to community mental health organizations: Perspectives of street-based programs. Best Practices in Mental Health: An International Journal, 3(1), 26–40.Google Scholar
- Rowe, M. (1999). Crossing the border: Encounters between homeless people and outreach workers. Berekley: University of California Press.Google Scholar
- U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development. (2009). The 2008 Annual Homeless Assessment Report to Congress. Washington, D.C.: Author.Google Scholar
© Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012