Rapidly Convergent Series for the Computation of the Interaction Energy between Dissimilar Plane Parallel Double Layers
- 16 Downloads
Several rapidly convergent series for the computation of the interaction energy between dissimilar plane double layers (y0 > yd > 0) are derived by expanding the interaction energy in the power series of ω 0 < tanh(y0/64), the series terms required to obtain the interaction energy with six significant digits do not exceed 1 except C = 2 when the dimensionless surface potential y0 ≤ 20. The results of Devereux and de Bruyn are discovered to be incorrect when y0 and yd are larger, and ξ d is very large or close to −2.00000.
KeywordsPolymer Thin Film Interaction Energy Power Series Double Layer
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Honig, E.P. and Mul, P.M., J. Colloid Interface Sci., 1971, vol. 36, p. 258.Google Scholar
- 2.Oshima, H., Healy, T.W., and White, Lee R., J. Colloid Interface Sci.,1982, vol. 89, p. 484.Google Scholar
- 3.Oshima, H. and Kondo, T., J. Colloid Interface Sci., 1988, vol. 122, p. 591.Google Scholar
- 4.Zhang Shimin, J. Math. Chem., 2005, vol. 37, p.17.Google Scholar
- 5.Zhang Shimin, Surf. Rev. Lett., 2004, vol. 11, p. 311.Google Scholar
- 6.Devereux, O.F. and de Bruyn, P.L., Interaction of Plane Parallel Double Layers, Carmbrige: M.I.T. Press, 1963, p. 78.Google Scholar