Synthesis and Evaluation of Reducing Capacity and Calcium Channel Blocking Activity of Novel 3,5-Dipropargylcarbonyl-Substituted 1,4-Dihydropyridines*
- 181 Downloads
Novel pyridinium salts based on 4-(3-pyridyl)-3,5-dipropargylcarbonyl-1,4-dihydropyridine were obtained by quaternization of pyridine moiety with different alkyl halides. The reducing capacity of the synthesized compounds was evaluated using the phosphomolybdenum complex method. The obtained results confirmed that all tested compounds possessed reducing capacity. Ca2+ channel antagonist and agonist activities of the compounds were additionaly assayed by changes in intracellular Ca2+ ion concentration in H9C2 and A7R5 cell lines. The obtained data confirmed that all synthesized 1,4-dihydropyridine derivatives have smooth muscle selective antagonist activities, and in the case of 4-phenyl derivative the activity was 4.7 times higher than that of amlodipine.
KeywordsN-alkyl pyridinium 1,4-dihydropyridines calcium antagonists Hantzsch synthesis quaternization reducing capacity
This research work was supported by the European Social Fund Project No. ESF 2013/0002/1DP/22.214.171.124.0/13/APIA/VIAA/005 and the European Social Fund within the project “Support for Doctoral Studies at University of Latvia” (for Martins Rucins).
We are also grateful to Dr. Ilga Mutule for assistance in the work with MW equipment and B.Sc. Katrina Veinberga for technical assistance.
- 7.G. Duburs, B. Vīgante, A. Plotniece, A. Krauze, A. Sobolevs, J. Briede, V. Kluša, and A. Velēna, Chim. Oggi, 26, 68 (2008).Google Scholar
- 14.R. Miri, K. Javidnia, H. Mirkhani, F. Kazemi, B. Hemmateenejad, N. Edraki, and A. R. Mehdipour, Daru, J. Pharm. Sci., 16, 263 (2008).Google Scholar
- 17.B. Ritz, S. L. Rhodes, L. Qian, E. Schernhammer, J. H. Olsen, and S. Friis, Ann. Neurol., 67, 600 (2010).Google Scholar
- 20.D. Tirzite, J. Koronova, and A. Plotniece, Biochem. Mol. Biol. Int., 45, 849 (1998).Google Scholar
- 28.S. Mackay, W. Dong, C. Edwards, A. Henderson, C. J. Gilmore, N. Stewart, K. Shankland, and A. Donald, maXus: Integrated Crystallography Software, Bruker-Nonius and University of Glasgow, 2003.Google Scholar