Synthesis of 2-(N-Benzoylimino)-N-(9,10-Dioxo-9,10-Dihydroanthracen-1-yl)Thiazoles
- 129 Downloads
N-Aroylthioureas hold a significant promise for the synthesis of such heterocycles as imidazolidine-2-thiones [1, 2], 2-aroyliminothiazolines [3, 4, 5], 1,2,4-triazoles , 1,3-thiazines , and indeno[1,2-d]-[1, 3]thiazepines . Of particular interest are 2-iminothiazolines, which are characterized by a wide range of biological properties [9, 10, 11]. For example, the thiazol-2-imine fragment is a structural fragment in muscarinic agonists, as well as antifungal, hypolipidemic, antidiabetic, anti-inflammatory, analgesic, and anti-shistosomiasis compounds . Thiazoline derivatives are also used as insecticides and plant growth regulators .
The reaction of N,N'-disubstituted thioureas with α-bromo ketones has been described in the literature [5, 12], and it provides access to various N-substituted 2-iminothiazoles. However, 2-iminothiazoles with 9,10-dioxo-9,10-dihydroanthracenyl substituents at position 3 of the heterocycle remain hitherto unknown. The pronounced biological...
Keywords9,10-anthraquinone anthracenylbenzoyliminothiazoles N-benzoylthioureas α-bromoacetone
- 8.A. A. Aly, A. B. Brown, M. Ramadan, M. Abdel-Aziz, G. Abuo-Rahma, M. F. Radwan, and A. M. Gamal-Eldeen, J. Heterocycl. Chem., 47, 503 (2010).Google Scholar
- 13.J. W. Lown, Anthracycline and Anthracenedione-Based Anticancer Agents, Elsevier, Amsterdam (1988).Google Scholar
- 14.L. Delmulle and K. Demeyer, Anthraquinones in Plants: Source, Safety and Applications in Gastrointestinal Health, Nottingham University Press (2010).Google Scholar
- 15.V. Ya. Fain, 9,10-Anthraquinones and Their Application [in Russian], Photochemistry Center, Russian Academy of Sciences, Moscow (1999).Google Scholar
- 16.M. Stasevych, V. Zvarych, R. Musyanovych, M. Vovk, and V. Novikov, in 5th International Symposium ''Methods and Application of Computational Chemistry МАСС-5'', Kharkov, Ukraine (2013), р. 106.Google Scholar