Synthesis and some transformations of 5-(N-tosylaminomethyl)furfuryl alcohols
- 79 Downloads
Preparative methods were developed for the synthesis of 5-(N-tosylaminomethyl)furfuryl alcohols, and their behavior during the action of acidic catalysts was studied. It was established that the furan ring of these compounds is stable in the presence of orthophosphoric acid in glacial acetic acid and that their hydroxyl and N-tosylaminomethyl groups are involved in the transformations.
KeywordsN-tosylaminomethylfuran furylmethanols furfurylamine acylation acid catalysis formylation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. Balaban, A. Bota, and A. Zlota, Synthesis, 136 (1980).Google Scholar
- 2.I. G. Iovel, Yu. Sh. Gol'dberg, and M. V. Shimanskaya, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 746 (1989). [Chem. Heterocycl. Сотр., 25, 613 (1989)].Google Scholar
- 4.T. A. Stroganova, A. V. Butin, L. N. Sorotskaya, and V. G. Kul'nevich, RF Pat. 2165930; Byul. Izobr., No. 12, 425 (2001).Google Scholar
- 13.M. Takeuchi, T. Taniguchi, and K. Ogasawara, Synthesis, 341 (1999).Google Scholar
- 21.M. A. Ciufolini, С. Y. W. Hermann, Q. Dong, T. Shimizu, S. Swaminathan, and N. Xi, Synlett, 105 (1998).Google Scholar
- 22.Y.-M. Xu and W.-S. Zhou, J. Chem. Soc, Perkin Trans. 1, 741 (1997).Google Scholar
- 25.A. F. Oleinik and K. Yu. Novitskii, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 186, 1334 (1969).Google Scholar
- 26.A.V. Butin, T. A. Stroganova, and V. G. Kul’nevich, in: Chemistry and Technology of Furan Compounds. Interuniversity Collection of Scientific Works [in Russian], Krasnodar Polytechnical Institute, Krasnodar (1997), Part 1, p. 21.Google Scholar
- 27.A. R. Katritzky, K. Suzuki, and S. K. Singh, Croat. Chem. Acta, 77 , 175 (2004).Google Scholar