The investigation in 2,3'-biquinoline series 26.* Regioselective nitration of 1'-alkyl-1',4'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-4'-ones and 1'-alkyl-1',2'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-2'-ones
The nitration of 1'-alkyl-1',4'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-4'-ones and 1'-alkyl-1',2'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-2'-ones has been investigated. It was shown that the regioselectivity of nitration of the first depends on the acidity of the medium and the order of adding reactants. In strongly acidic medium 1'-alkyl-5,6'-dinitro-1',4'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-4'-ones or mixtures of them with 1'-alkyl-5-nitro-1',4'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-4'-ones are formed. In less acidic media 1'-alkyl-6'-nitro-1',4'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-4'-ones and then 1'-alkyl-6,6'-dinitro-1',4'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-4'-ones are formed. Nitration of 1'-alkyl-1',2'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-2'-ones leads to 1'-alkyl-6'-nitro-1',2'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-2'-one and then 1'-alkyl-6,6',8'-trinitro-1',2'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-2'-one.
Keywords1'-alkyl-1',2'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-2'-ones 1'-alkyl-1',4'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-4'-ones 2,3'-biquinoline nitro-1'-alkyl-1',4'-dihydro-2,3'-biquinolin-4'-ones nitro-1'-alkyl-1',2'-dihydro-2,3-bi-quinolin-2'-ones nitration regioselectivity
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.T. P. Glushchenko, A. V. Aksenov, and V. I. Goncharov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 433 (2009). [Chem. Heterocycl. Comp., 45, 351 (2009)].Google Scholar
- 2.D. H. R. Barton and W. D. Ollis (editors), Comprehensive Organic Chemistry, Pergamon, Oxford (1979); [Russian translation] Vol. 9, Khimiya, Moscow (1985), p. 216.Google Scholar
- 3.A. R. Katritzky (editor), Physical Methods in Heterocyclic Chemistry, Academic Press, New York (1963); [Russian translation] Khimiya, Moscow (1966), p. 140.Google Scholar
- 4.N. V. Demidova and A. V. Aksenov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1047 (2002). [Chem. Heterocycl. Comp., 38, 908 (2002)].Google Scholar
- 5.N. V. Demidova, N. Ts. Karaivanov, V. I. Goncharov, and A. V. Aksenov, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1372 (2005). [Chem. Heterocycl. Comp., 41, 1167 (2005)].Google Scholar
- 6.A. Yokoyama, T. Ohwada, S. Saito, and K. Shudo, Chem. Pharm. Bull., 45, 279 (1997).Google Scholar