Coordination properties of 1,3-benzothiazoles. Formation of a polymeric complex with square-planar coordination around the copper(II) ion in the reaction of CuCl2·6H2O with 1,2-bis[2-(1,3-benzo-thiazol-2-yl)phenylthio]ethane
It is shown that a coordination polymer is formed by the reaction of 1,2-bis[2-(1,3-benzothiazol-2-yl)-phenylthio]ethane with copper(II) chloride in a mixture of ethanol and chloroform at room temperature. The structure of the polymer has been determined by X-ray crystallography. The copper atom in the coordination polymer has a square-planar ligand environment and is coordinated to the nitrogen atoms of the benzothiazole rings of two different molecules of ligand and two chloride anions.
Keywords1,3-benzothiazoles coordination compounds copper(II)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.C. Janiak, Dalton Trans., 2781 (2003).Google Scholar
- 5.E. K. Beloglazkina, I. V. Yudin, A. G. Majouga, A. A. Moiseeva, A. I. Tursina, and N. V. Zyk, Izv. Akad, Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1738 (2006).Google Scholar
- 6.E. K. Beloglazkina, I. V. Yudin, A. G. Majouga, A. A. Moiseeva, S. V. Zatonskii, and N. V. Zyk, Izv. Akad., Nauk, Ser. Khim., 565 (2008).Google Scholar
- 7.E. K. Beloglazkina, A. V. Shimorskiy, A. G. Majouga, A. A. Moiseeva, and N. V. Zyk, Izv. Akad., Nauk, Ser. Khim., 2115 (2007).Google Scholar
- 8.C. T. North, D. C. Philips, and F. S. Mathews, Acta Crystallogr., A24, 351 (1968).Google Scholar
- 9.L. A. Farrugia, WinGX. X-Ray Crystallographic Programs for Windows. Univ of Glasgow, Glasgow, Scotland, 2003.Google Scholar
- 10.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELX97. Program for the Solution and Refinement of Crystal Structures. Univ. of Göttingen, Göttingen, Germany, 1997.Google Scholar