Carbocyanines — derivatives of nitrogen-containing heterocycles with bridging groups in the chromophore
- 115 Downloads
Tetramethylene-2,2′-bis(1,3,3-trimethyl-(3H)-indolium),-3-ethylbenzothiazolium,-1-methyl-quinolinium, and-1-methyl-and-1-butylbenz[c,d]indolium salts were synthesized starting from them trimethinecyanines containing an ethylene bridging group in the α, α′-positions of the chromophore have been prepared. These compounds are converted to their analogs containing a vinylene group by the action of benzoquinones. In the case of thiacarbocyanines the effect of the indicated bridging groups on the conformation and protonation route of the carbocyanines has been studied. The chromaticity of the dyes has been investigated.
Keywordsbis-salt carbocyanine bridging group absorption band chromophore
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. V. Rozhkova, B. I. Shapiro, Yu. L. Slominsky, and A. I. Tolmachev, Zh. Nauch. i Prikl. Fotoi Kinematograf., 46, No. 2, 10 (2001).Google Scholar
- 2.I. V. Valyukh, O. V. Slobodyanyuk, V. B. Kovalska, A. V. Granzhan, Yu. L. Slominsky, and S. M. Yarmolyuk, Zh. Fizychnykh Doslidzhen, 6, 236 (2002).Google Scholar
- 3.J. D. Kendall, UK Pat. 431187; Chem. Zbl., III, 4659 (1936).Google Scholar
- 4.I. K. Ushenko, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 14, 50 (1948).Google Scholar
- 5.M. A. Kudinova, E. I. Mayboroda, Yu. L. Slominsky, and A. I. Tolmachev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin. 1186 (1994). [Chem. Heterocycl. Comp., 30, 1024 (1994)].Google Scholar
- 6.M. A. Kudinova, E. I. Mayboroda, Yu. L. Slominsky, and A. I. Tolmachev, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 1319 (1993). [Chem. Heterocycl. Comp., 29, 1129 (1993)].Google Scholar
- 8.K. Brunner, Ber., 38, 1359 (1905).Google Scholar
- 10.E. I. Mayboroda, Yu. L. Slominsky, and A. I. Tolmachev, Ukr. Khim. Zh., 68, No. 6, 106 (2002).Google Scholar
- 12.A. I. Tolmachev, M. Yu. Kornilov, and E. F. Karaban, Teor. i Exp. Khim., 12, 817 (1976).Google Scholar