Photo-and thermochromic spiranes. 24. Novel photochromic spiropyrans from 2,4-dihydroxyisophthalaldehyde
- 103 Downloads
Novel series of photochromic indoline and benzoxazine spiropyrans containing ortho-placed formyl and hydroxyl groups in the benzene ring of the chromene part of the molecule have been prepared. X-ray analysis has shown that, depending on the structure of the heterocyclic component in the spiro cyclization reaction different, nonequivalent formyl groups of 2,4-dihydroxyisophthalaldehyde can participate. The synthesized compounds were used as original analogs of salicylaldehyde. The novel photochromic bispyropyrans prepared contain two different asymmetric spiro carbon atoms.
Keywords2,4-dihydroxyisophthalaldehyde benzoxazinone indoline spiropyran photochromism
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. S. Lukyanov, N. I. Borisenko, M. B. Lukyanova, and R. N. Borisenko, Caucasus Scientific Thought [in Russian], Appendix 3, 125 (2003).Google Scholar
- 2.H. Duerr and H. Bouas-Laurent (editors), Photochromism, Molecules and Systems, Elsevier, Amsterdam (1990).Google Scholar
- 3.S. M. Aldoshin, I. I. Chuev, O. S. Filipenko, A. N. Utenyshev, G. Arie, V. Lokshin, A. Sama, R. Guglimetti, and Zh. Pep, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1129 (1998).Google Scholar
- 4.B. B. Safoklov, B. S. Lukyanov, A. O. Bulanov, A. V. Metelitsa, V. I. Minkin, V. V. Tkachev, and S. M. Aldoshin, Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 431 (2002).Google Scholar
- 5.S. M. Aldoshin, A. O. Bulanov, V. A. Kogan, B. S. Lukyano V. V. I. Minkin, B. B. Safoklov, and V. V. Tkachev, Dokl. Akad. Nauk, 390, No. 1, 50 (2003).Google Scholar
- 6.S. M. Aldoshin in: Organic Photochromic and Thermochromic Compounds, Vol. 2., Kluwer Plenum, New York (1999), p. 297.Google Scholar
- 7.Yu. I. Ryabukhin, Chemical Science Candidates Dissertation, Rostov-on-Don (1975).Google Scholar
- 8.R. Kuhn, Chem. Ber., 87, 2876 (1954).Google Scholar
- 9.B. S. Lukyanov, Yu. I. Ryabukhin, G. N. Dorofeenko, L. E. Nivorozhkin, and V. I. Minkin, Khim. Geterotsikl. Soedin., 161 (1978).Google Scholar
- 10.I. Guidsinski and Z. Lod, Acta Chim., 8, 105 (1962).Google Scholar
- 11.G. M. Sheldrick, SHELXL-93, Program for the Refinement of Crystal Structures, University of Gottingen, Gottingen, Germany (1993).Google Scholar