Heterocycles with a Bridging Nitrogen Atom. 17. Unexpected Formation of Indolizine during the Preparation of (2-Thioxopyridin-1-yl) Acetate
Ethyl 2-hydroxy-1-(2-thioxopyridin-1(2H)-yl)indolizin-3-carboxylate was formed along with ethyl (2-thioxopyridin-1(2H)-acetate from the reaction of 2-bromo-1-(ethoxycarbonylmethyl)pyridinium bromide with sodium sulfide. The structures of all compounds were confirmed by X-ray crystallography.
Keywordspyridine-2-thione 2-bromopyridinium salts sodium sulfide ethyl (2-thioxopyridin-1(2H))-yl) acetate ethyl 2-hydroxy-1-(2-thioxopyridin-1(2H)-yl)indolizin-3-carboxylate synthesis of indolizine
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. V. Babaev, A. A. Tsisevich, D. V. Al'bov, V. B. Rybakov, and L. A. Aslanov, Izvest. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim.,, 252 (2005).Google Scholar
- 2.G. V. Boyd and P. H. Wright, J. Chem. Soc. (C), 1485 (1970).Google Scholar
- 3.H. Petride and D. Raileanu, Rev. Roum. Chim., 33, 729 (1988).Google Scholar
- 4.J. Liebscher and A. Hassoun, Synthesis, 10, 816 (1988).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Pauls and F. Krohnke, Chem. Ber., 109, 3653 (1976).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Dainis, Austral. J. Chem., 25, 1549 (1972).Google Scholar