Isolation and characterization of 10 polymorphic microsatellite loci from small yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena polyactis)
- 86 Downloads
Small yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena polyactis) is an economically important marine fish species. About 43 microsatellite loci were isolated from two enriched genomic library of Pseudosciaena polyactis. Ten of these loci were polymorphic in a test population with alleles per locus ranging from two to six, and observed and expected heterozygosities per locus from 0.3750 to 0.8750 and from 0.3112 to 0.8121, respectively. No loci significantly deviated from Hardy–Weinberg equilibrium after Bonferroni correction and no significant linkage disequilibrium was found between pairs of loci. These polymorphic microsatellite loci would be useful for investigating genetic diversity of Pseudosciaena polyactis.
KeywordsSmall yellow croaker Pseudosciaena polyactis Enriched genomic library SSR Microsatellites
This study was supported by State 863 High-technology R&D project of China (2006AA10A403), Taishan Scholar Project of Shandong Province, National Public Platform of Science & Technology Information Resources (2005DKA30470-06).
- Jin XS (1996) Ecology and population dynamic of small yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena polyactis) in the yellow sea. J Fish Sci of China 3(1):32–45 (In Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Ma HY, Chen SL, Liao XL, Xu TJ, Ge JC (2008) Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite loci from a dinucleotide-enriched genomic library of obscure puffer (Takifugu obscurus) and cross-species amplification. Conserv Genet. doi: 10.1007/s10592-008-9635-2
- Meng ZN, Zhuang ZM, Jin XS, Tang QS, Su YQ (2003) Genetic diversity in small yellow croaker (Pseudosciaena polyactis) by RAPD analysis. Biodivers Sci 11(3):197–203 (In Chinese with English abstract)Google Scholar
- Rozen S, Skaletsky HJ (2000) Primer 3 on the WWW for general users and for biologist programmers. In: Krawetz S, Misener S (eds) Bioinformatics methods and protocols: methods in molecular biology. Humana Press, Totowa, pp 365–386Google Scholar
- Xing SC, Shao CW, Liao XL, Tian YS, Chen SL (2008) Isolation and characterization of polymorphic microsatellite loci from a dinucleotide-enriched genomic library of spotted maigre (Nibea albiflora). Conserv Genet. doi: 10.1007/s10592-008-9663-5
- Yeh FC, Yang RC, Boyle T (1999) POPGENE version 1.31. Microsoft window-bases free ware for population genetic analysis. University of Alberta and the Centre for International Forestry Research. www.ualberta.ca/~fyeh/