Flow prolongation of some tangent valued forms
- 24 Downloads
We study the prolongation of semibasic projectable tangent valued k-forms on fibered manifolds with respect to a bundle functor F on local isomorphisms that is based on the flow prolongation of vector fields and uses an auxiliary linear r-th order connection on the base manifold, where r is the base order of F. We find a general condition under which the Frölicher-Nijenhuis bracket is preserved. Special attention is paid to the curvature of connections. The first order jet functor and the tangent functor are discussed in detail. Next we clarify how this prolongation procedure can be extended to arbitrary projectable tangent valued k-forms in the case F is a fiber product preserving bundle functor on the category of fibered manifolds with m-dimensional bases and local diffeomorphisms as base maps.
Keywordssemibasic tangent valued k-form Frölicher-Nijenhuis bracket bundle functor flow prolongation of vector fields connection curvature
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I. Kolář: On the geometry of fiber product preserving bundle functors. Proceedings of 8th ICDGA, Silesian University, Opava (2002), 85–92.Google Scholar
- I. Kolář: On the flow prolongation of vector fields. Proceedings of Geometric Seminar, Kazan 24 (2003), 69–80.Google Scholar
- I. Kolář, P. W. Michor and J. Slovák: Natural Operations in Differential Geometry. Springer-Verlag, 1993.Google Scholar
- I. Kolář and W. M. Mikulski: Natural lifting of connections to vertical bundles. Suppl. Rendiconti Circolo Mat. Palermo, Serie II 63 (2000), 97–102.Google Scholar
- I. Kolář and M. Modugno: The Frölicher-Nijenhuis bracket on some functional spaces. Annales Polonici Mat. LXVII (1998), 97–106.Google Scholar
- M. Modugno: Differential calculus on fibered manifolds. Manuscript.Google Scholar