On potentially H-graphic sequences
For given a graph H, a graphic sequence π = (d 1, d 2,..., d n) is said to be potentially H-graphic if there is a realization of π containing H as a subgraph. In this paper, we characterize the potentially (K 5 − e)-positive graphic sequences and give two simple necessary and sufficient conditions for a positive graphic sequence π to be potentially K 5-graphic, where K r is a complete graph on r vertices and K r-e is a graph obtained from K r by deleting one edge. Moreover, we also give a simple necessary and sufficient condition for a positive graphic sequence π to be potentially K 6-graphic.
Keywordsgraph degree sequence potentially H-graphic sequence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P. Erdős, M. S. Jacobson and J. Lehel: Graphs realizing the same degree sequences and their respective clique numbers, in: Y. Alavi et al., (Eds.). Graph Theory, Combinatorics and Applications, Vol. 1, John Wiley & Sons, New York, 1991, pp. 439–449.Google Scholar
- R. J. Gould, M. S. Jacobson and J. Lehel: Potentially G-graphical degree sequences, in: Y. Alavi et al., (Eds.). Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Algorithms, Vol. 1, New Issues Press, Kalamazoo Michigan, 1999, pp. 451–460.Google Scholar
- A. E. Kézdy and J. Lehel: Degree sequences of graphs with prescribed clique size, in: Y. Alavi et al., (Eds.). Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Algorithms, Vol. 2, New Issues Press, Kalamazoo Michigan, 1999, pp. 535–544.Google Scholar
- A. R. Rao: The clique number of a graph with given degree sequence. Proc. Symposium on Graph Theory, A. R. Rao ed., MacMillan and Co. India Ltd., I.S.I. Lecture Notes Series 4 (1979), 251–267.Google Scholar
- A. R. Rao: An Erdős-Gallai type result on the clique number of a realization of a degree sequence, unpublished.Google Scholar