Embedding Sums of Cancellative Modes into Semimodules
- 29 Downloads
A mode (idempotent and entropic algebra) is a Lallement sum of its cancellative submodes over a normal band if it has a congruence with a normal band quotient and cancellative congruence classes. We show that such a sum embeds as a subreduct into a semimodule over a certain ring, and discuss some consequences of this fact. The result generalizes a similar earlier result of the authors proved in the case when the normal band is a semilattice.
Keywordsmodes (idempotent and entropic algebras) cancellative modes sums of algebras embeddings semimodules over semirings idempotent subreducts of semimodules
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- J. S. Golan: The Theory of Semirings. Longman, Harlow, 1992.Google Scholar
- J. Jezek and T. Kepka: Medial Grupoids. Rozpravy CSAV, Rada Mat. Prir. Ved. 93/2. Academia, Praha, 1983.Google Scholar
- J. Kuras: Application of Agassiz Systems to Represantation of Sums of Equationally Defined Classes of Algebras. PhD. Thesis. M. Kopernik University, Torun, 1985. (In Polish.)Google Scholar
- A. I. Mal'cev: Algebraic Systems. Springer-Verlag, Berlin, 1973.Google Scholar
- A. B. Romanowska and J. D. H. Smith: Modal Theory. Heldermann, Berlin, 1985.Google Scholar
- A. B. Romanowska and J. D. H. Smith: Embedding sums of cancellative modes into functorial sums of affine spaces. In: Unsolved Problems on Mathematics for the 21st Century, a Tribute to Kiyoshi Iseki's 80th Birthday (J. M. Abe, S. Tanaka, eds.). IOS Press, Amsterdam, 2001, pp. 127–139.Google Scholar
- A. B. Romanowska, and J. D. H. Smith: Modes. World Scientific, Singapore, 2002.Google Scholar